Stobart speed limiters

i just dont get this stobart bashing , i really dont … :unamused:

You pull out in front of me in the middle lane, i’ll be back in the slow lane, get along side you and i’ll just push you into the fast lane and you will be kept there until i see fit that you deserve to pull back in, call yoursef a professional driver■■?

Some serious ■■■■■■■■■ on this thread.

bowser:

to be fair its mostly the original poster getting the bashing on here…and it would seem anywhere else if he gets found.

glenman:

bowser:

to be fair its mostly the original poster getting the bashing on here…and it would seem anywhere else if he gets found.

point taken :smiley: :smiley:

was the original posters comments tongue in cheek???a figure of speech so to say… :question: :question: :question: i may be wrong but i didnt take what he said as thats what he would do if they tried to overtake him again.and dont start bashing me as i am limited to 52mph so none of this concerns me :laughing:

Truck I had today done 60 on the SatNav. Flew past the poor Tesco lads on the M8 lol

scania164480:
You pull out in front of me in the middle lane, i’ll be back in the slow lane, get along side you and i’ll just push you into the fast lane and you will be kept there until i see fit that you deserve to pull back in, call yoursef a professional driver■■?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Dunno then?:

scania164480:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Would a professional driver run up the inside of a truck and force him into the 3rd lane?

Steve-o:
Truck I had today done 60 on the SatNav. Flew past the poor Tesco lads on the M8 lol

yeh what is that with satnav ■■ i thought they were accurate … something’s not , is it the wagon or the satnav ■■?..

bowser:

Steve-o:

yeh what is that with satnav ■■ i thought they were accurate … something’s not , is it the wagon or the satnav ■■?..

Hmmm one look at the company and the guess would be the limiter at fault :wink:

jase:
Youre allowed by law,56mph (85 kph) plus 10%.

Not quite:

56mph is approx 90kph.

85kph is about 52.8.

Limiters must by law be set at 85kph but there’s a tolerance given to allow for new v worn tyres etc.
I can’t find the law just now, but its either +/- 5kph or (more likely) +/- 5% which gives you 89.25 and as many have noticed from their satnavs when the truck says its doing 90 it rarely actually is.

The law states the fastest legal limit for trucks on a motorway is 60mph not 56.The fact most companies restrict their trucks to around 85-90kmph means nothing. The law is 60mph end off :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The motorway speed limit is 60mph in this country but eu law says a truck over 3.5t cannot be powered over 56mph. I was told this boring fact by an nvq assessor a couple of weeks ago

Can’t say as im too bothered about another truck being faster, as long its not someone feathering the throttle and runs out of steam on the slightest incline then fair play… we all got a job to do :slight_smile: -

Although when i had a hired daf CF it was limited to 85k’s and i did find it more chilled out bimbling along, only having to overtake supermarket wagons and the odd car here and there.

Who gives a ■■■■ if a truck goes past you at 100 mph… what a ■■■■■■■ thoroughbred !

bowser:

Steve-o:

i think you will find that satnavs are a couple of mph out cos of the distance they cover for the info stored in them ie up to satilite and back down to satnav (im no boffin but this is my own thoughts)

kerwyn:

bowser:

Steve-o:

i think you will find that satnavs are a couple of mph out cos of the distance they cover for the info stored in them ie up to satilite and back down to satnav (im no boffin but this is my own thoughts)

i’ve only recently converted to satnav ( i’ve always been a believer of maps and pencils ) but i have a question , where do they get the info from ? i meen to say who puts the info into cyberspace ? thier must be a database of info they use to give us the dirctions , but where is it ■■ you know , bridge hieghts and the like … stoopid question i know but its got me wondering …

bowser:

kerwyn:

bowser:

Steve-o:

i’ve only recently converted to satnav ( i’ve always been a believer of maps and pencils ) but i have a question , where do they get the info from ? i meen to say who puts the info into cyberspace ? thier must be a database of info they use to give us the dirctions , but where is it ■■ you know , bridge hieghts and the like … stoopid question i know but its got me wondering …

All the info is on the card installed in your sat nav, the satellites in the sky just pinpoint your position to tell your satnav exactly where you are.

Do you know that the American government owns all the gps satellites so if they go in a huff everyone would be screwed :grimacing:

merc0447:

bowser:

kerwyn:

bowser:

Steve-o:

All the info is on the card installed in your sat nav, the satellites in the sky just pinpoint your position to tell your satnav exactly where you are.

Do you know that the American government owns all the gps satellites so if they go in a huff everyone would be screwed :grimacing:

i did’nt know that , so obamba is sat in the whitehouse watching me work .■■ he never told me that . he’s a git so he is… :smiley: