Started c+e training today.

So started my c+e today, wasn’t too bad,found the couple n uncouple bit daunting learning the same time as the Reversing, i messed up a few,got a couple on point, needed to get the turns in quicker i think.it wasn’t bad but i would have preferred it to go right everytime( if only) to help my confidence before test day,however the instructor said i was doing ok and what he would expect from someone on there 1st few trys. So,1st day down,few more to go,just iron out a few creases i guess. So i think Have a beer tonight n soak it all in for tomorrow.

which school are you using ?

ROG:
which school are you using ?

Commercial transport training in Leighton Buzzard.
Local to me

Hi hope your class one goes well!
Did you use Commercial Transport Training for your class two? Always used to see their motors around when i was over Leighton way a bit more with my old job, vehicles look a bit rough an ready but guess they’ve been going some years which hopefully means they have a good reputation! Do you know if they have Auto Lorries as well?
cheers for any replies

I know i could pick up a phone but still just thinking it through and giving it some time to see if i REALLY do want to go ahead atm :blush:

RB84:
Hi hope your class one goes well!
Did you use Commercial Transport Training for your class two? Always used to see their motors around when i was over Leighton way a bit more with my old job, vehicles look a bit rough an ready but guess they’ve been going some years which hopefully means they have a good reputation! Do you know if they have Auto Lorries as well?
cheers for any replies

I know i could pick up a phone but still just thinking it through and giving it some time to see if i REALLY do want to go ahead atm :blush:

Thanks mate. Yeah the trucks are basics dafs nothing fancy but do the job, yeah did my c there and yes they run autos.
Think 30 year’s they been in business there always have work and are a decent bunch!.

hope it goes well for you, I was awful on the first day but it all starts coming together by the end of the week

jbaz73:
hope it goes well for you, I was awful on the first day but it all starts coming together by the end of the week

Thanks mate, that’s reassuring as i came home from my 1 st day thinking i had a mountain to climb before im ready
But today was better, im feeling slightly more confident.
Im hoping most people have the same up n down feelings as the test edges closer? Anyone?? Lol

If doing it over 4 days I often found day 3 to be the dumb day lol where everything seemed to go wrong for no reason haha

Sometimes you might feel a bit out of your depth. You aren’t, you’re just being cautious and learning

yeah, I would say I was up and down. day 1 I thought I’d never do it, by day 3 I was gaining confidence only for it all to go ■■■■ up, couldn’t drive for toffee. by day 5 I was confident enough and passed first time. I would have ideally liked another couple of days and would have been fully confident, but that would have cost extra and they know what they’re doing, they give you a 5 day course because that’s what it takes to reach test standard.

try to chill out mate, try not to over think it, just drive how your instructor tells you and you will be fine come test day

Scott. Gaining your LGV licence(s) is for the vast majority of learners, something that they REALLY want. In my opinion, it’s not necessarily the examiner that creates the nerves, it’s simply the fact that this person has your success in their hands, and it is human nature to worry in this aspect.

But the examiner has no agenda or financial gain from failing candidates. So basically, if you drive to the required standard, you will pass. You can already drive, you simply need to build upon this ability using the advice and knowledge from your instructors.

Don’t overthink anything mate! Try and enjoy the training experience and see it as a vital part of your truck driving journey.

Come test day, simply challenge yourself to give the examiner the best drive of the day. Don’t even think of passing or failing.

eagerbeaver:
Scott. Gaining your LGV licence(s) is for the vast majority of learners, something that they REALLY want. In my opinion, it’s not necessarily the examiner that creates the nerves, it’s simply the fact that this person has your success in their hands, and it is human nature to worry in this aspect.

But the examiner has no agenda or financial gain from failing candidates. So basically, if you drive to the required standard, you will pass. You can already drive, you simply need to build upon this ability using the advice and knowledge from your instructors.

Don’t overthink anything mate! Try and enjoy the training experience and see it as a vital part of your truck driving journey.

Come test day, simply challenge yourself to give the examiner the best drive of the day. Don’t even think of passing or failing.

Yeah good point n i understand what you’re saying, funny enough my instructor said pretty much the same thing, I make my mistakes when thinking of the next step ( on reverse or couple for example) and overthinking n not concentrating on what im doing at this moment.
Yea cheers mate Will try just chill n take my time. :slight_smile:

Cheers for that Scott88! Localish company to me so if I do take the plunge and try for my class 2 definitely enquire with them. good luck on test day! hopefully a good result for ya :smiley: :sunglasses: