Stardes of Sheffield

Hi everyone.

Any one know owt about Stardes of Sheffield?

Would like to do some tour transport next year.

Cheers Rich.

you need to speak to Kindle530 or euromat mate , if you look through their posts you should get an idea of whats entailed.

If I was single that’d be the job for me :sunglasses:

I’m not single tho :frowning:

try next year when it starts to get busy, thats the best time to get in, but not sure how much work they will have, they mainly do merch, they have lost one of their biggest tours so im told

I euromat is right they are doing merch work but i think they are still doing tour work. I saw some out and about at some event that i was at this summer

I used to work for Stardes way back…D.S,the gaffer,he used to have at least 2 syrups…went short to long over a couple of months,then he’d say he needed a hair cut,and back to the short one he went…christ,I used to crack up :laughing:

dieseldan340:
I used to work for Stardes way back…D.S,the gaffer,he used to have at least 2 syrups…went short to long over a couple of months,then he’d say he needed a hair cut,and back to the short one he went…christ,I used to crack up :laughing:

that is priceless! :laughing: gonna ask becky about that see if it still happens!!

the bulk of their work is for merch companies, so on a big tour there will be a stardes with the swag, ut they wont go to all the places (out the eu for example), but yes they do production work too, but not as much as the other companies

all their trucks when specced are top spec, right hand drive, but he does keep hold of them longer than most, but despite their age, they will be better than some newer stuff on the road

Ran down with 2 van loads of merchandise for the Madonna concert in the Olympic stadium in Rome which was offloaded onto a Stardes truck onsite.

We do a fair bit of merchandise replenishing and a little bit of backline, when it needs moving quickly or it’s not economical to move on a truck.

:sunglasses:

Iain