Split from: DR10 Comes off my licence in oct

My concern is that this is in the newbies forum where many first timers to this site come to get advice and seeing a thread like this could easily make them wonder if they should post at all !

ROG:
My concern is that this is in the newbies forum where many first timers to this site come to get advice and seeing a thread like this could easily make them wonder if they should post at all !

Its not just this thread, 90% of threads end up like this.

Cheggy:

ROG:

Its not just this thread, 90% of threads end up like this.

In the newbies forum ?

ROG:

It’s a fair point ROG, but it’s off-topic where it was so I’ve moved it here for discussion.

It was in reference to the topic in question… Do you have the faintest clue how to moderate?

Cheggy:
It was in reference to the topic in question… Do you have the faintest clue how to moderate?

Cheggy,

As I saw it, I’d asked politely to keep the topic to the question asked by the OP.
I’d also said politely that I would move any off-topic posts.

Since ROG has a fair point, and your perfectly good answer was exactly to ROG’s point I moved it them to the Feedback forum because I think it is a subject best discussed here.

There are so many Keyboard Warriors on here, ready to rip a man apart when he asks for advice, even about a minor mistake he made ten years ago.

Why don’t admin ban these people, who invariably contribute nothing of any use to the forum? :question:

Quite - but it’s supposed to be a freedom area to share our views.

There are people on here who abuse this privelidge openly to post utter rubbish (thats tolerable) and vile spiteful nonsense (and that isn’t).

Sometimes stuff gets pulled which to me seem a bit strange, yet other stuff which is completely out of order remains.

And why are there so many angry people out there?

In my opinion for what its worth there should be far better troll control - these oxygen thieves contribute nothing and sour what could be an interesting thread and worse still maybe deter an original post which obviously is counter productive.

Hat on, coat on, taxis at the door… :laughing:

Harry Monk:
There are so many Keyboard Warriors on here, ready to rip a man apart when he asks for advice, even about a minor mistake he made ten years ago.

Why don’t admin ban these people, who invariably contribute nothing of any use to the forum? :question:

Because banning people does not work Vince, they just set up aliases such as “Harry Monk” and continue posting in direct contravention of the forum rules. Something that you know a lot about.

Rob K:

Harry Monk:

Because banning people does not work Vince, they just set up aliases such as “Harry Monk” and continue posting in direct contravention of the forum rules. Something that you know a lot about.

Not to mention him being something of a keyboard warrior himself sometimes

I agree with the keyboard warriors comment. So many people are willing to rip someone apart after asking for advice. Really sad though. :unamused: