SPEEDING

Hello All,
Havent posted for a couple of years, been happy (until now) trundling around Europe.
Now back in the working in the UK.

Now to the point. SPEEDING
I have had a clean licence for35yrs, but after 6months in the UK I now have 6points and another 3 on the way I was informed today

I know I only have myself to blame I should stick to the limit which I do.
Built up areas 30/40, advisory 20 past the schools. its the single carriageway A roads where the problem lies.

A lot of my work involves multi-drops, East Anglia, South Coast, and Scotland.
so y 50% of my driving is on A roads.
I was under the impression, I maybe wrong, that the Police turned a blind eye to going over the limit on certain types of A roads, (going with the flow).

Big open road in Lincoln, no houses, just miles of beet and cabbage fields and there it was sat on the verge, a van with a camera stuck out the back, sneaky, no warning, he must have cleaned up that day.

So in future its 40mph on all A roads, I apologise to anyone stuck behind me, I have noticed a few drivers now sticking to the limit and it causes loads of traffic behind with car drivers taking more chances trying to get past.

That will do for now. My next rant will be about facillities (LOL) in the UK for truck drivers.

Regards Pete.

facilities in uk■■? when you find em please let me know where they are :laughing: