Speed limits & cameras

Not sure if this has been answered before, but was wondering if speed cameras are able to catch HGV’s travelling overspeed but under the speed limit?
i.e single carraigeway that has 50 mph limit for cars, but law states 40 mph for HGV’s.
If I was travelling at say 46mph would it trigger the camera as I’m in an HGV?

on many there are sensors either on the camera or the road to differentiate between types of vehicles - so keep within the limits at all times and you will never need to worry about cameras again.
Personaly, i don’t care if they put one every 100 metres.

Yes, look for a diamond grid in the road just after the camera similar to the type you see on the approach to traffic lights, this detects the mass of larger vehicles.

As far as i`m aware,static roadside cameras are set to go off when the speed limit on that particular road is broken ie. if that road has a 40 mph limit you would have to travel over that speed to trigger it regardless of type of vehicle.

ROG:
on many there are sensors either on the camera or the road to differentiate between types of vehicles - so keep within the limits at all times and you will never need to worry about cameras again.

Not this thread again its been done to bloody death, and this toe rag that thinks there ain’t enough cameras really gets up my nose… :imp: :imp: :imp:

Never had any problems with the ones on dual carriageways,been through at 56. its the single carriageway ones that’ll have you there are a few of these on the A303.especially the ■■■■■■ on the hill at cricklade :angry:
the variable speed cameras on the newly widened M25 M3 round to M4 and on the refurbished bit on the M42 between also change to the speed limit i.e there not just set at 70.(i think you’d get away with it though at 56)

Smee:

ROG:

Not this thread again its been done to bloody death, and this toe rag that thinks there ain’t enough cameras really gets up my nose… :imp: :imp: :imp:

I did not say that :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: I wish there were no cameras cos everyone kept to the limits - that would be better - I only said I did not care how many they put up cos I keep to the limits and it would not affect me - the only reason I have to look for them is to anticipate the overbraking done by others.

Some famous guy once said…Let him without sin cast the first stone… :imp:

Smee:
Some famous guy once said…Let him without sin cast the first stone… :imp:

Ooooh… I have sinned in the long distant past :open_mouth: - got the 12 points :blush: and been to court to plea :cry: but never complained - MY FAULT, I DID IT.

Harry Monk:
Yes, look for a diamond grid in the road just after the camera similar to the type you see on the approach to traffic lights, this detects the mass of larger vehicles.

I’d always wondered if it was possible to spot the clever cameras. I knew they existed, but now I’ll have a look at the ones I know for the “diamond grid”

I can remember a couple of years ago getting quite arsey with a guy that wouldn’t let me pass him on the A1. I managed to “do him” at a roundabout, only to get flashed further up the road. Oh how we laughed when we parked up an hour or so later just after the Forth Bridge :blush:

keano1:
Not sure if this has been answered before, but was wondering if speed cameras are able to catch HGV’s travelling overspeed but under the speed limit?
i.e single carraigeway that has 50 mph limit for cars, but law states 40 mph for HGV’s.
If I was travelling at say 46mph would it trigger the camera as I’m in an HGV?

YES!
There was quite an article about it in one of the trucking magazines about a couple of years ago,just after I had got done on the Chester Road from junction 19 of the M6 at Tabley.Although there are two lanes in each direction with a double white line down the centre,this is NOT a dual carriageway,and although it shows a speed limit of 60,it DOES do trucks over 40mph.

ROG:

Says Rog, who is incapable of error.

PS I’ve got 3 points from a camera that detected i was a truck.