Speed limiters

My son who drives for a firm with a fleet of 7.5 tonners has just told me that from next Monday,all the firms trucks will be retrofited with speed limiters.
If it wasn’t bad enough with us bigger trucks travelling nose to tail or taking 5 miles to overtake someone,this can only make things worse!I predict more accidents.
Why don’t they go the whole hog and limit ALL vehicles to 56 mph?

have a read HERE

Look on the brightside. Now you won’t just be complaining about the HGVs blocking you from overtaking. It’ll be the 7.5s who are, engine screaming, trying to pass :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I don’t understand what your problems are with speed limiters when you’re working. They could set them at 10mph for me. More hours = more cash for even less work!

What is this obsession with driving on the limiter everywhere? Crackers. And before the I’m-paid-by-the-load brigade crawl out of woodwork, you’ll be pleased to know that I already have the answer! Stop being a mug chasing your arse all day by doing twice as much work for the same equivalent wage that an hourly paid driver would get, and do exactly that - get an hourly paid job and relaaaaaaaax.

Now all form an orderly queue behind the slowest truck!
That’ll stop them Beemers cutting across to take the exit slip at the last minute!