Southampton

Hey guys how is everyone. I was just wondering if anyone did a regular run down to Southampton docks. I regually see artics running down the motorway towards the docks and on the dual carriageway towards them. If anyone is on this route what trucks do you drive and ill give you a beep next time i come by in my car. Some of the trucks on the route are in great condition and iv seen a few show trucks which were very easy on the eye as to say. well let me know thanks

I occasionally ship over to the IOW on the Red Funnel and I’m normally the only driver on there, all the rest goes unaccompanied.

Other than that I don’t go to Southampton but if i do i’ll look out for you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I have found the Sotton boys cliquey. I was on Maritime FX & Maritime Sotton would ignore you on parking spots & seldom returned a flash. Except for the odd exception. & the other container outfits down there would try to run you off the road. So don`t get your hopes up on that route. they were the same on international work. They thought they owned Spain & Portugal. I used to run on foreign plates & avoided them as much as possible.

The only other crowd of weirdos I worked with were local cab drivers…They are seriously weird. :laughing:

The the worst firm for universal hate was DeRooy. The whole world & his bro hated you on there & that included all DeRooys Dutch & Belgian drivers…their logo should be The Old Knife in the Back. They were world class marksmen… :laughing:

yeh i drive a blue forgein car cant miss it. Do you ever ship out to the IOW on saturdays. always wanted to go there might head over soon and have a look since its just across the water. Ye i usually go sit and relax down by red funnel and see there no wagons only trailers down there usually from shops. I usually see de rooy with one truck of there own trucks on another one saving milage of something…

you might see me there sat 1st july as i’ll will there with the family catching the 12.30 ferry to the isle of wight for our weeks holidays.

Harry Monk:
I occasionally ship over to the IOW on the Red Funnel and I’m normally the only driver on there, all the rest goes unaccompanied.

Other than that I don’t go to Southampton but if i do i’ll look out for you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

What Time boat do you go over on??
I work nights in the dock and return home in the early hours.The time varies it’s quiet at the moment so I was finished early tonight and was on the 23.00.

Sometimes it’s as late as 9Am though.
If I see you I’ll buy you a coffee!!! :open_mouth: