Something for wannabe/newbies on digi-Tach operation

Mods sorry if this has been posted before.

When i was doing my initial training for HGV i struggled to find info on a digi-tach operation or at best it was sketchy. The user guides were ok but the first time i used a tacho was for real after being handed to keys and run details…Unfortunately getting it wrong then due to not knowing how to correctly operate a tacho puts you right in VOSA territory.

Today i finished MOD 5 of my CPC and the trainer gave me a very useful link to where you can download a very useful bit of software where you can practice on a interactive digi-tach simulator so thought i’d share it with the newbies/wannabe drivers.

All you need to do is download the simulator application then you can practice on the common three digitacs currently in use. It allows you to record driving, POA, other work and rest along with manual entries. You can even see a copy of a print out of all your activities after the sessions…very handy bit of kit if you ask me for the learner/novice.

drivers-cpc.co.uk/index.php?page=freetacho

This ^^^^^^^^ did my mod 5 last week its good to use better to get it wrong on the simulater than at work.

Daytrunker:
This ^^^^^^^^ did my mod 5 last week its good to use better to get it wrong on the simulater than at work.

Totally agree!

Daddy P:
Mods sorry if this has been posted before.

Hi Daddy P,

I’ve not seen this one before, it looks good to me. :smiley:

I don’t have time to check right now but if that’s the same simulator that’s been posted before, and I think it is, you should be aware that it’s the type 1 digital tachograph, the type 2 is slightly different.

Here’s a link to a post that has the link to use it on-line and a lot of other stuff that’s digital tachograph related.

or this

se5000.com/documentation.html

I did apologise if it had been posted before.

Daddy P:

its never a problem DP someone might have missed it :wink:

nick2008:

Daddy P:

its never a problem DP someone might have missed it :wink:

I couldn’t agree more.

The tachograph simulator has been around for some time now but there’s still plenty of people who are unaware of it, so it’s still worth posting from time to time :wink:

I was unaware of it. Thanks for the post. Start my first driving job a week Monday and the tachograph is a big, if not the biggest worry I have at the moment re the job!
Will have a look.

Cheers
Will