So now it has changed

So Now it’s all changed and can get class 1 at 18

is there any stories of any 18 year old passing since the rules changed or anyone know anyone who has?

Nope

You’ve been able to take a HGV test from the age of 16 years for donkeys years. There’s 1000’s of under 18’s take their Cat C and C+E every year. OK, they’re driving for the military and can only drive military vehicles but they still take the tests and drive them.

Joshh:
So Now it’s all changed and can get class 1 at 18

is there any stories of any 18 year old passing since the rules changed or anyone know anyone who has?

i might be wrong on this but i think there is what they call a young drivers scheme there is a company i know and there drivers have been thru it im pretty sure they passed before they was 21

I know about that but i mean without the scheme and since the law changed anyone know any 18 year olds done there c+e without the scheme or in the military.

The laws madness, stick a 18 yr old into a 44t killing machine, have upteen kids, have ■■■■■■■■■ ■■■ etc at 16yrs old, go fight for your country at 16yrs old, yet you must look 25yrs old+ to buy ■■■■ and alcohol… Government knows where there priorities lie eh?

Heard all the moaning, you may not think its fantastic but i think its a good oppurtunity.
Your going to have to be a keen 18 year old to fork out all the money to do the training and that and i think people deserve the chance.
each to there own opinion though mate.

Joshh:
Heard all the moaning, you may not think its fantastic but i think its a good oppurtunity.
Your going to have to be a keen 18 year old to fork out all the money to do the training and that and i think people deserve the chance.

Go for it Joshh :sunglasses: it is a good opportunity for sensible 18 yr olds

maybe you could be the first one :wink:

Denis F:

Joshh:

Go for it Joshh :sunglasses: it is a good opportunity for sensible 18 yr olds

maybe you could be the first one :wink:

Haha
I’m definitely gonna go for it, I wanted to be a truck driver ever since I was 9 when I first went in a wagon
But then you have to think the chances are very very slim your ever going to see/speak to a 18 year old out on the road driving a 44 tonner.
Becuase no one is going to take them on but hey ho, i’ll try.