So I've took a trunking job

Aquila:

Yes, mate. Its been along time since i done that run

Same here I used to be on general haulage back in the day, I often used the 614 coming back from the south on a Friday, i’d sometimes even get off the M1 at the A610 (think thats junc 26 never been good at junc numbers just the road numbers) and cut across that way but it twas over 20yr ago hence the bridge height question.

I may be running down there today with a single curtain sider so I’ll go that way for a change, just have to remember there is no roundabout at the A57 Worksop anymore :unamused:

if you’re on about the roundabout that used to be on the A1 for the A57 Worksop junction then it’s still there mate it’s just at the side of the A1 now as they changed the layout when they made the stretch of the A1 from Blyth to Stamford junctions with slip roads on and they re-routed that section a bit further over to the left compared to the old junction if you get my drift :slight_smile:

Just a heads up for anyone for who’s been reading this thread and also often uses the M1, i thought I’d share my driving time using the different routes mentioned above

A1 -M18-M1= about 3hrs 42 with fairly slow but moving traffic through the roads works.

A1-A46-M1 = 3hrs 50, no traffic to speak of at all really.

A1-A614-A6097-A46-M1 =the same 3hrs 50 no real hold ups, but there is average distance speed cameras.