Snow going anywhere boss

Told not to bother going to work today. Half an hour before I was due in! What is the position for agency workers who have been stood down so close to your booking in time?

JON LAD:

bubsy06:
Looks like a Lorry driver has died due to the conditions. :frowning:
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8441062.stm

I Think it was at junction 25 M60 It looked like they were recovering a Unit and 40ft white cargobull plain trailer it looked a mess the cab was mangled the outfit had jacknifed it looked like the trailer has rode over the unit not nice i think it was a plain white unit maybe a Daf ?

My Thoughts are with the poor drivers family. All for just trying to earn a wage

stay safe out there everyone

Just had a phone call about an hour ago, to tell me that the driver concerned was killed in the accident, and worked for Arla’s NDC in Leeds. Arla are not releasing any details as yet, and there is a likelyhood that I and others on here, know the guy. :cry:

More details as my contact let’s me know.

Ken.

vwgpmk2:
Took me the best part of two and a half hours to get from J26 of the M1 to the sheffield parkway exit, supposed to do 2 in bolton and one in manchester then the phone went “turn round don’t bother” (could have rung me an hour earlier when I drove past the yard :imp: )

did near enough same run 2 drops manchester and 1 in bolton then fly over to barnsley for return load , what a ball ache you was not missing much apart from getting stuck down to some prat in a car stopping at top of hill so couldnt keep moving , was a bad run .

run down to manchester not to bad but that was at 5am rest or run total pain in arse .

had to go borrow a forklift from local industrail estate with a pallet on the front to use as a snow plough .

deepist sympothy go out to the chap in the accident from arla in leeds .

I have just been speaking to a ■■■■■■■ facebook, she said they have had 3’’ in 20 minutes in Lingfield and it is still coming down, she knows that because her puppy is only 4’’ high and she lost him till she saw the steam :slight_smile:

Wheel Nut:
I have just been speaking to a ■■■■■■■ facebook, she said they have had 3’’ in 20 minutes in Lingfield and it is still coming down, she knows that because her puppy is only 4’’ high and she lost him till she saw the steam :slight_smile:

i might be in lingfield monday next week, give me her name and i will give her 9 inches in 3 mins lol…

zorg2006:

Wheel Nut:

i might be in lingfield monday next week, give me her name and i will give her 9 inches in 3 mins lol…

Are you planning on taking someone with you then?

Rob K:

zorg2006:

Wheel Nut:

Are you planning on taking someone with you then?

I`m fully booked next week…Tenerife :laughing: :sunglasses: :smiley: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Genetic scientists; Stop mucking about with sheep and breed a Snowpig that scoffs the snow and [zb] out road grit. I pay my taxes :laughing: :laughing:

zorg2006:

Wheel Nut:

You will never manage three times in such quick succession :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

and how old do you pretend to be to these girls on facebook with your puppies. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:

More this kind of pictures, please! I want to see your lorries in the snow, not a snow through windscreen! :laughing:

FAIL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bubsy06:
FAIL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The new EU regs on machine rights says that gritting lorries have the right to feel tired and can lay down to rest whenever they feel like it. Driver is then obliged to provide the machine with tyre massage; for that he has to be trained and certified (the training counts towards his CPC). The time spent massaging tyres counts as other work.

jessicas dad:

Wheel Nut:

and how old do you pretend to be to these girls on facebook with your puppies. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:
:laughing:

And with a name like Jessicas Dad :laughing:

Touché

Honestly she is a friend who recently moved down there, her little sister is called Milly short for Militant :stuck_out_tongue:

I can smell carrot noses:

Must be round here somewhere:

I must be getting warmer:

JACKPOT:

And do you know, I like nothing better than a nice steaming bowl of Heinz Tomato Soup when it’s cold:

Talkin of puppies… here’s Milo, my Jack X patterdale

Did Whittlesey down to Crawley this morning, no dramas really untill I got to Crawley then the snow was deep!! about 9"!!!
Very quiet on the M11 and M25…But WHY when the first sign of a snow flake do the ■■■■■ in cars slow down to 10mph!!! :imp: :imp: :imp:

I made it back in one piece.

Thought i was going to have an easy day, there was sod all in Canterbury, but as i went further west towards hastings, it just got heavier and heavier.

Got stuck on the same hill as last time, slid back down it like last time, only this timei had the added pleasure of the BBC news filming me, and i got interviewed :laughing:

It’s supposed to be on BBC south east news tonight, but im hoping they dont use it.

Got photos a plenty, diary to come soon :smiley:

my truck which is currently parked up in yard while i recover coverd in the white stuff ( my ones in the middle)

I did sherburn to Newcastle in Artic no problems i was less than pleased at it taking 2 hours to get out off Ossett in the car when i live about a mile away from the motorway :imp: