Smoking ban again

I smoke and I WILL carry on smoking regardless of consequences. I will give up if and when I want to.
Smoking is virtually part of a lorry drivers cultural heritage. I like nothing better than to sit back and enjoy a few cigarettes on a 4 hour motorway journey in the early hours. It whiles away the boredom. A reason why a lot of drivers smoke.
Perhaps if we could start a revolution on this forum to encourage every driver who smokes to ignore the ban then it will work. What is going to happen? Is every smoking driver going to get sacked? The country would be at a standstill within a week. People power is precisely that. Power.
If every single driver going into these poxy tesco RDC’s refused to leave their cabs whilst tipping then tesco would have gone bankrupt within a fortnight.
Look what happened, as far as I know the ban is still in force.
I urge you all to carry on smoking. If all the night drivers at the company I work for who smoke carried on smoking and were consequently sacked then half our night workforce would disappear. The whole night trunking system would collapse.
We’re a band of people who do an absolute vital job for the country. We just want to be left alone to carry out these duties with a few luxuries and priviledges.
We already get virtually arrested for not having a hi viz. We already get zero respect from joe public and most car drivers. We’re already facing more and more regulations and requirements. Smoking is one pleasure that should remain. What are they going to do next? Ban us eating bacon sarnies?

ezydriver:
Is every smoking driver going to get sacked?

The whole night trunking system would collapse.

We’re a band of people who do an absolute vital job for the country. We just want to be left alone to carry out these duties with a few luxuries and priviledges.

What are they going to do next? Ban us eating bacon sarnies?

Not sacked, arrested when they refuse to pay the fine. Imagine the prisons!!! In Ireland the cons are allowed to smoke. Oh what fun!!

It’s on the verge of collapse as it is. This will simply make it worse. I would think the road rage stats will go up, too. All us nicotine deprived savages!!

It’s more of a right than a privilage. There are no privilages any more and luxury is something we can no longer afford.

Bacon sarnies? Possibly. Once the animal rights people get their claws into mr b liar they will want us to become vegan, then we will be forced to starve because the tree huggers will be next in line.

Think on this. Like it or loathe it, he got hunting banned to soothe a smallish bunch of people who had been chasing him for ages. Now the anti ciggie brigade are next in the line and he is raising a white flag to them. Who is next in the queue? I have no idea but you will be able to find out easily enough by listening to the news. The next white paper produced by some backwater mp pertaining to the mistreatment of goldfish or whatever will be the next ban the wimps will bring in.

Another thing came to mind when i was looking up some of the legislation.
Police are not allowed to smoke in a police car but someone who is under arrest can.

How stupid is that.

Lets just hope when I’m arrested for smoking in my cab that I can enjoy a cigarette on the way to the cells.

ezydriver:
Lets just hope when I’m arrested for smoking in my cab that I can enjoy a cigarette on the way to the cells.

:smiley:

DAFMAD:

Lucy:
No smoking stickers that show both inside and outside the cab stating that the vehicle is No Smoking and giving a contact number if anyone see’s you having a ■■■ in it. No-one’s filled the name and phone number in on ours. If you only go up there occaisonally I’d have thought you’d be ok…we spend half our time in Scotland, and even then it took the firm weeks to bother putting them in and nothing was said. I think they’re a standard pattern dictated by the Government up there - you even see them on builder’s vans etc. :unamused:

If that were me I think I’d write in the samaritans phone number in that empty space for any sad arse who wanted to ring up and say someones smoking. :smiling_imp:

I did think about putting in my cabphone number… :smiling_imp: (In fact there’s one on our canteen wall with the name of the biggest smoker on the firm written on it. He then gave up on a bet, the sod. :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: