smokey and the bandit

daleyboy:
Smokey is currently on itv4

again :unamused: :laughing:

Bigantbarker999:
With reference to that series truckers guysā€¦ It was on the beeb ā€¦very short lived series with James hazeldene who was bayleif on london s burningā€¦ As Ron Picardā€¦few other starsā€¦daragh o malley ā€¦who was Sean beans mate in sharpeā€¦and phil Davis who was in quadrophenia ā€¦who drove a mack in the seriesā€¦sadly been trying to find it but to no availā€¦I think itā€™s in the bbc archives and destined to stay thereā€¦think it could have been a good seriesā€¦ But they were making that bloody eldorado at the same time so thatā€™s where all the budget wentā€¦shame

I got this a couple of weeks back off e bay oiltruckie I think the guys name was

dazcapri:

Bigantbarker999:
With reference to that series truckers guysā€¦ It was on the beeb ā€¦very short lived series with James hazeldene who was bayleif on london s burningā€¦ As Ron Picardā€¦few other starsā€¦daragh o malley ā€¦who was Sean beans mate in sharpeā€¦and phil Davis who was in quadrophenia ā€¦who drove a mack in the seriesā€¦sadly been trying to find it but to no availā€¦I think itā€™s in the bbc archives and destined to stay thereā€¦think it could have been a good seriesā€¦ But they were making that bloody eldorado at the same time so thatā€™s where all the budget wentā€¦shame

I got this a couple of weeks back off e bay oiltruckie I think the guys name was

He a good person I brought a few off him

Anyone remember dog food dan tv show? Itā€™s before my time but dad was on about it and it sounds pretty good shame canā€™t get it on dvd :cry:

What about the cars used on the professionals. Rs2000 and Capri S now that was a cool series especially when only a teenager. Cheers Darren

toyotat:
What about the cars used on the professionals. Rs2000 and Capri S now that was a cool series especially when only a teenager. Cheers Darren

The white RS2000 was either stolen or caught fire, I canā€™t remember which but either way it no longer exists.

Both the gold and silver X pack Capris, wide arched, are still in existence and were featured in one if the ford mags a few years ago. Also the non arched silver ā€œSā€ was at the time under restoration.

The article also noted that the white Capri from the title sequence for Minder was also Still known to exist.

Cheers
Neilf

There is no way, no way that you could of come from my loins. The first thing im gonna do when I get home is punch your momma in the mouth. Classic
:smiley:

legend Scania, I think that programme was called ā€˜Dog Food Dan and the Carmarthen Cowboyā€™. I thinkā– ā– ?

neilf:

toyotat:

The white RS2000 was either stolen or caught fire, I canā€™t remember which but either way it no longer exists.

Both the gold and silver X pack Capris, wide arched, are still in existence and were featured in one if the ford mags a few years ago. Also the non arched silver ā€œSā€ was at the time under restoration.

The article also noted that the white Capri from the title sequence for Minder was also Still known to exist.

Cheers
Neilf

Iā€™ve just been reading on retro rides that the RS2000 is midway through restoration,the Minder Capri was at one time owned by the guy who runs the Capri owners club

spooky70:
legend Scania, I think that programme was called ā€˜Dog Food Dan and the Carmarthen Cowboyā€™. I thinkā– ā– ?

That the one Spooky

toyotat:
Iā€™ve just been reading on retro rides that the RS2000 is midway through restoration,the Minder Capri was at one time owned by the guy who runs the Capri owners club

Iā€™ve just checked out that Retro Rides thread and itā€™s certainly interesting ref the RS2000. My original comment was based from back in the early 90s when I was ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  mad. At that time a lot of research into the cars whereabouts was done and the outcome was it was believed that the white car no longer existed.

Although Iā€™m not entirely convinced about the false plates story the car does have 2.0 badges on the front wings which were only fitted to very early cars on either P or R plates. I will watch and see if any relevance appears.

Cheers
Neilf

new smokey flim. out sometime this year, wont be the same without jackie gleeson though

youtube.com/watch?v=a06BF3cryTs

if its vehicles from films then i wouldnt say no to any of these

the tanker from Duel
the jeep pick up in Tremors

or Denzilā€™s Daf from the to hull and back episode of only fools and horseā€™s

but the ultimate film motor for me would be the Mack from Mad Max 2 :smiley:

Andydisco:

Youd have to have Del Boy trapped in the back with Rodney giving chase in the van :laughing::lol::lol:

neilf:

toyotat:

Iā€™ve just checked out that Retro Rides thread and itā€™s certainly interesting ref the RS2000. My original comment was based from back in the early 90s when I was ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  mad. At that time a lot of research into the cars whereabouts was done and the outcome was it was believed that the white car no longer existed.

Although Iā€™m not entirely convinced about the false plates story the car does have 2.0 badges on the front wings which were only fitted to very early cars on either P or R plates. I will watch and see if any relevance appears.

Cheers
Neilf

Apparently the original Sweeney Consul is being restored and should reappear soon.I did read somewhere about the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  having false plates fitted for filming,apparently the guy who originally restored one of the Professionals Capriā€™s found out the original reg by freezing the picture on a video tape.The story goes that sometimes when they were in a hurry they forgot to put the show plates on,the later series cars were used with their original reg numbers.The Minder Capri was found in a scrapyard when the guy was looking for spares and he remembered the reg number.

Andydisco:

the tanker from Duel

I think the tanker from the Duel has been restoredā€¦ Was that pick up a Ford F150ā– ā– 

Dennisthemenace:

Andydisco:

the tanker from Duel

I think the tanker from the Duel has been restoredā€¦ Was that pick up a Ford F150ā– ā– 

The surviving truck, a 1960 Peterbilt 281 at a 2010 truck show, displayed with a Plymouth Valiant.

All the vehicles credited to that movie are here imcdb.org/movie_67023-Duel.html

roadrunner:

Dennisthemenace:

Andydisco:

the tanker from Duel

The surviving truck, a 1960 Peterbilt 281 at a 2010 truck show, displayed with a Plymouth Valiant.

All the vehicles credited to that movie are here imcdb.org/movie_67023-Duel.html

Thanks for the link; I saw that movie first time as a kidā€¦ The Valiant was gorgeous in that red. But I was mainly impressed by the airhorn and the front bumper of the truck. :sunglasses: