Smith&robinson monkton motors ancliff

smith&robinson monkton motors ancliff,great tanker names from the past AS jones thomas allen to name a few.i drove for ancliff then united transport tankers as they took over based in ellesmere port /urmston+trafford park.how i remember bernies cafe on site at smith+robinsons depot at trafford park,i noticed some one asking about the shortening tankers from peerless refining these were AS jones vehicles the 1 artic pictured belonged to tankfreight.i gave up the BIG WHEELS a while ago now still miss the comradeship of truck drivers great to see the old pics and memories something joe public and polititions will never take away keep on trucking /////tim cooper ex unichema contract driver//

tim cooper:
smith&robinson monkton motors ancliff,great tanker names from the past AS jones thomas allen to name a few.i drove for ancliff then united transport tankers as they took over based in ellesmere port /urmston+trafford park.how i remember bernies cafe on site at smith+robinsons depot at trafford park,i noticed some one asking about the shortening tankers from peerless refining these were AS jones vehicles the 1 artic pictured belonged to tankfreight.i gave up the BIG WHEELS a while ago now still miss the comradeship of truck drivers great to see the old pics and memories something joe public and polititions will never take away keep on trucking /////tim cooper ex unichema contract driver//

We always welcome any photos of old tanker companies Tim. I think it was me asking for the shortening tankers as most of the others had forgotten about Peerless :wink:

Here you are tim,one of Monkton Motors Atkis. :smiley:
I remember seeing them when I was on tankers,who bought them out?

thanks wheel nut i have some pics somewhere if i can upload them i will,the adible oil trade used to be good many characters always having a laugh sadly missed in todays trucking world,remember brennans and pattersons even charlie lucy good times…tim

great pics thanks if thats fleet no 130 my dad had that as a replacement,his own was maroon and ran in glycerene livery based in ellesmere port in calor gas and loaded from lever bros port sunlight i think they were taken over by bulwark or ancliff to get the glycerene contract i may be wrong,i cant ask my dad he died last year(all the things you wished you,d asked eh).i think he is still around in spirit i can here a pipe key rattling.i know they had artics he had a guy bigj4t great sound a jake brake…tim cooper

This must be an old photo tim,Ancliff in pre-green days :smiley:

that is old,i only ever saw 1 red one in bulwarks yard in chippenham wilts a scavange wagen to keep others on the road.my dad may have driven the 1 in the picture the wings have been belted…ha,ha…tim

tim cooper:
that is old,i only ever saw 1 red one in bulwarks yard in chippenham wilts a scavange wagen to keep others on the road.My dad may have driven the 1 in the picture the wings have been belted…ha,ha…tim

Tim,I notice that she’s got a Wiltshire reg “MW” so she might be the scavenge motor :smiley:

could well be im not sure if ancliff was from chippenham they combined with bulwark/stamps from avonmouth i worked for ancliff e/port and stayed at bulwark chippenham when around wiltshire god love the logbooks…tim

tim cooper:
thanks wheel nut i have some pics somewhere if i can upload them i will,the adible oil trade used to be good many characters always having a laugh sadly missed in todays trucking world,remember brennans and pattersons even charlie lucy good times…tim

You can add Fleet Haulage and Taylors of Lichfield to that list although these were companies not spoken about in polite society :stuck_out_tongue:

true,its funny how old company names remind you of others…berry wiggins, sounds like a south african fast bowler…tim

Hi Tim
Take a look at Paul Andersons (moomooland) Northwest Truck Site its got a full page dedicated to Ancliff’s and also another page of northwest tanker companys plus loads of other pictures & info on the northwest transport scene from past to present.
john

thanks john great images and a good site thanks…tim cooper

My late father drove for Smith & Robinson for many years based at warley nr Brentwood Essex