Skips. Help!!!!

Doing some agency work driving a skip truck and although builders skips are easy peasy I’m having trouble with the self compacting ones. They have to be dropped almost millimetre perfect and lining the truck up and setting it down involves about 15 to 20 tiny shunts and lots of jiggling with the extending arms.

Any advice please!!! :smiley:

Warren T. Claim:
Doing some agency work driving a skip truck and although builders skips are easy peasy I’m having trouble with the self compacting ones. They have to be dropped almost millimetre perfect and lining the truck up and setting it down involves about 15 to 20 tiny shunts and lots of jiggling with the extending arms.

hi mate never done them bins but the guy that trained me said when you pick up a bin that going back to the same place make a note of where you was when you pick it up he use to carry some chalk

Warren T. Claim:

:sunglasses: :smiley: well done mate. good luck hope you can secure a perm position with them. sorry i never done skips too brutal for me.

Hi, If It’s the large bins with bottle screws for securing, undo the screws unhook them then leave them exactly as they are. Swap your bins over then while your reversing you have the two bottle screws to aim for. You don’t want to be marking the tarmac with chalk not very good practice, Failing that have two coke cans placed 2" inches off either side half way up on your full bin and you have your perfect line, failing that get a job as a RDC driver where you are buffed down rails onto your bay lol…

mucksavaga:
Hi, If It’s the large bins with bottle screws for securing, undo the screws unhook them then leave them exactly as they are. Swap your bins over then while your reversing you have the two bottle screws to aim for. You don’t want to be marking the tarmac with chalk not very good practice, Failing that have two coke cans placed 2" inches off either side half way up on your full bin and you have your perfect line, failing that get a job as a RDC driver where you are buffed down rails onto your bay lol…

Yes they do have bottle screws!

The problem is in some places access is limited so I can’t back straight on and have to play with the extending arms to collect and drop it off. I can’t believe how accuratly I have to place the wagon and skip. It’s twenty times harder than the hardest bay I have ever had to reverse onto!