Simple Trailer security device

HI All,

First I am not a driver but an Inventor and my neighbour has asked me to build a simple device that tells him if the load door have been opened.

Small tough box, battery powered with a flashing LED on it, if the light is flashing the doors have NOT been opened and is re-set with a simple electronic key.

Looking at making it for him but is anyone else interested?

tried to do the same with a fuel tank warning system that was very similar for overnighting drivers but with an in cab alarm, went to 4 different truck supplies people who all said its too costly and wouldnt be bought.

didnt have enough to go on my own and decided sod it in the end, but best of luck.

and on curtains they will bypass said system by slashing them open.

oh and they already have a lock which connects the 2 rear door with an iron style bar which is then padlocked

sorry i dont know how to put pics up on here to show you.

there you go.

encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag … -SVt1E7qor

Thanks for the info, he just wanted a simple device to work only on the back doors to let him know if they had been opened, should be around £30 if enough people are interested. Cheers Howiestap

I would have used the one in the link above your post. Cannot open the doors, so no need of any electronics IMHO.

cheers M.A.N like i say this was my problem if something is out already and it works for all trailers its not likely even at £30 quid to have a great uptake?

for me 1 issue is a flashing led will mean a driver is then enticed to get out of the cab which could result in a kicking vs a steel bar which they cant get off.

Howiestap:
Thanks for the info, he just wanted a simple device to work only on the back doors to let him know if they had been opened, should be around £30 if enough people are interested. Cheers Howiestap

There’s enough info in this topic now, so the rest is best done by PMs to avoid the forum rules on advertising. :wink:

Forum Rule #5:
Rule 5 No spamming, trolling, advertising without permission

simple pack of zip ties … put one on the door, if its gone then the doors been opened, large pack from the pound shop

nick2008:
simple pack of zip ties … put one on the door, if its gone then the doors been opened, large pack from the pound shop

You are a baaaaaaaad man. Now he’ll have to invent something else!

two padlocks

A hair across the gap between the doors.
Works for James Bond & Secret Service Personal.

martinviking:
A hair across the gap between the doors.
Works for James Bond & Secret Service Personal.

+1

You have to link the ends to get it to stick though… unless you are a thoroughly unwashed greasy haired ■■■■ :laughing:

So you find out that the doors have been opened after the event? Isn’t that a case of closing the gate after the horse has bolted? Surely if you were going to the trouble of developing a device, would it not make sense to have a ‘real time’ warning also? In terms of hardware (or software if you’re going down that route) it would be easy enough to achieve.

Though I could see it on Euro work IF the Device or LED was on the outside, so you didn’t have to open the doors, which as mentioned previously could potentially get you a kicking.

semtex65:
Though I could see it on Euro work IF the Device or LED was on the outside, so you didn’t have to open the doors, which as mentioned previously could potentially get you a kicking.

you could buy this for 99p on a well known shopping site :wink:

510++zZ-tiL__AA160_.jpg

OP i think your over complicating something that’s simple as some have said there are loads of cheaper options padlocks /cable ties there are loads of ways without spending £30 on a box with a light ,back to the drawing board to make your million I think

4 pound shed alarm or a ■■■■ alarm simples

bjd:
OP i think your over complicating something that’s simple as some have said there are loads of cheaper options padlocks /cable ties there are loads of ways without spending £30 on a box with a light ,back to the drawing board to make your million I think

+1

Hi,welcome to the forum of negativity it always ends up like this,well done for trying,good luck to you,

its not negative its constructive comments before the chap tries to market a device which isnt needed at all?

i fail to see how saving someone time effort and having looked into this cost is negative.

but no go ahead and make it patent the idea, get it built and on the shelves for £30 a pop and then when its not bought as there are cheaper better alternatives already proven and out there dont worry at least we were positive.

the world needs inventors but they need to invent new or better things, fair play to the op for trying and best of luck in his plans but this one am afraid is a no go for anyone other than his mate.