simon gibson

just reading this months trucking,apparently he had two motors stolen from the yard on august 8th :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

chuckle:
just reading this months trucking,apparently he had two motors stolen from the yard on august 8th :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

if i remember correctly 3 were stolen and 2 recovered not sure if the 3rd was recovered or not

i know a few of their drivers, they told me it was 4 stolen and 2 attempted

all the trucks had trackers fitted, but when the police arrived, they found the trackers on the floor in the middle of the yard

The place my Dad worked for keep the keys of the lorries going out in service that day in the cab… literally you could go in and take a lorry.

shuttlespanker:
i know a few of their drivers, they told me it was 4 stolen and 2 attempted

all the trucks had trackers fitted, but when the police arrived, they found the trackers on the floor in the middle of the yard

Lol where were they hidden… Glovebox?

the 2 attempted thefts, the panels were removed where the trackers were fitted, all ready to remove them, from what i was told, they were disturbed before they got the trackers out and they just made off with the 4 units

That has to be inside information

kr79:

Exactly, the trackers are supposed to be hidden in different places on different vehicles.

There is an active member on this forum who drives for Simon

Wheel Nut:

kr79:

Exactly, the trackers are supposed to be hidden in different places on different vehicles.

in my experience with companies that fit trackers, if they find a place on a DAF XF where it fits nicely, they will fit them in the same place on every DAF XF that they do, it will be the same with Volvo’s, Scanias and all the other makes, find a good place and fit them all there, obviously, it will be in different places in the different makes

shuttlespanker:

Wheel Nut:

kr79:

in my experience with companies that fit trackers, if they find a place on a DAF XF where it fits nicely, they will fit them in the same place on every DAF XF that they do, it will be the same with Volvo’s, Scanias and all the other makes, find a good place and fit them all there, obviously, it will be in different places in the different makes

It sort of defeats the object of fitting a Tracker if they are always in the same place and in a lorry there are more places to hide a radio beacon than there are on a motorcycle.

These professionals prats are probably using frequency scanners anyway.

Did you get your longline DAF back?

no Malc, not heard anymore on it :frowning:

the police don’t care, gave up and closed the case after 4 days :imp:

can’t put what i really think about them, the auto censor would catch most of it :unamused:

Sam Millar:
The place my Dad worked for keep the keys of the lorries going out in service that day in the cab… literally you could go in and take a lorry.

That’s nothing, I used to work for a well known fridge firm in essex that did Gibraltar. We kept the keys behind the lower grill on a 4 series and the log books and mots were kept in the motors. Wonder if that would’ve been covered? :open_mouth:

All the trackers were in same place just under the middle small panel on dash police say they dun it that quick while ones been uncouplin tank the other been in rippin tracker out job dun,4 was nicked and 2 were in middle of yard ready to go when they were disturbed.2 were found couple hrs later in a layby near hatfield woodhouse with curtains shut looks like they was comin back for them!
Keys were kept on header tank lol but thats common knowledge cos he has that many cassy drivers comin and goin same as the code for gate aswell every tom â– â– â– â–  and arry knows it so it was bound to happen eventually.Weve had diesel rifled,cabs been broke into and alsorts nicked b4 so the big boys returned this time avent they.
I put it on facebook when they got nicked and a friend read it and spotted the 2 at woodhouse and rang my gaffa so they got retrieved i didnt even get a thankyou…[zb] em!!!