Showing An Interest/Product Awareness

sayersy:
Delivering chilled stock to Kerry foods in Durham, and noticed “long eggs” on the manifest. I asked what they were, and was told they were 12" long hard boiled eggs that go into Gala Pie. I told him to sod off, because I thought he was taking the p*ss, so he got one and, sure enough, a foot long hard boiled egg - same diameter as an ordinary egg, rounded at the ends…but 12 inches long!

So, I learnt something new and I’m glad I asked.

just had to google long eggs and it is true

My current job involves collecting raw meat in various forms from a processor & delivering it to Greggs in Newcastle. When I started the boss at the meat plant tried to explain what I was carrying, I just told him that, my interest in his product starts & ends with me getting it to its destination safely, what it consists of is irrelevant to me. He just said fair enough & never mentioned it again.
When I got to greggs they asked what I had on, I just showed them the paperwork and said “meat”, he said “what kind of meat” I said “non vegetarian”, he said take it to the other plant around the corner!

Driver-Once-More:

sayersy:
Delivering chilled stock to Kerry foods in Durham, and noticed “long eggs” on the manifest. I asked what they were, and was told they were 12" long hard boiled eggs that go into Gala Pie. I told him to sod off, because I thought he was taking the p*ss, so he got one and, sure enough, a foot long hard boiled egg - same diameter as an ordinary egg, rounded at the ends…but 12 inches long!

I was going to gloss over this and forget about it but now you’ve confirmed it, my curiosity has peaked. I still feel like if I Google it a page will open saying April fool’s. Time to go find out.

When on tippers I used to get Grand Design style lectures from customers, trying to tell me what they were doing. Some would shut up when they could see that all I wanted to do was dump their gravel and go, others would waffle on, occasionally wanting to know what was good for this and that. I used to tell them to ring the office.
I feel sorry for skip drivers, they must get bored to death with hearing about home improvement stories.

m1cks:

Driver-Once-More:

sayersy:

I was going to gloss over this and forget about it but now you’ve confirmed it, my curiosity has peaked. I still feel like if I Google it a page will open saying April fool’s. Time to go find out.

He explained how they were made, but I still like to think of a very startled looking chicken being lifted 12 inches into the air every time it laid.

sayersy:

m1cks:

Driver-Once-More:

sayersy:

He explained how they were made, but I still like to think of a very startled looking chicken being lifted 12 inches into the air every time it laid.

Yes, just watched a foreign film on YouTube showing how they’re made. Funnily enough it does mock a chicken trying to lay a 12" egg!

Stick with this for a minute until you see the chicken :laughing: :laughing:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYz2DLN9uik

For those that don’t want to watch the video