Shares in Stobart PLC

Hope they perform better in 2013 than they did in 2012 . The development at Southend Airport and tie up with Easyjet should prove to be a success . Probably a riskey investment but have bought some shares and am happy to wait five years to see what happens . A strong buy by one broker and a sell by another . Only time will tell .

looked at prices recently
and they upped and downed on a par
with Wincantons

Good luck with it N.I.Express.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94349&start=30#p1366701

Now as we know, Stobarts are into Biomass in a big way, trains, planes and now TV.

but the large majority of their work is still high street.

I’m not convinced, and “Moneyweek” had a bit of an article this month (gamble of the week) which did not persuade me in pumping my hard earned into them.

ironstipper:
Good luck with it N.I.Express.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94349&start=30#p1366701

Now as we know, Stobarts are into Biomass in a big way, trains, planes and now TV.

but the large majority of their work is still high street.

I’m not convinced, and “Moneyweek” had a bit of an article this month (gamble of the week) which did not persuade me in pumping my hard earned into them.

Thanks , will not be ruined if they go bust . I regard it as a high risk long term investment . Will know in a few years time if I made the right decision . My portfolio is highly diversified and one thing I have learnt is no one can predict the future . Will let you know in ten years time if I made the right decision .

Ironstipper - I assume you are referring to the article below .

Tip of the Week

21/12/2012

Our tip for this week is a bit of a gamble but could be worth a speculative buy.

Moving goods from place to place is what makes economies work. Known in the traded as logistics, it is also a hard way to make a living. Competition at the bottom-end, box-shifting part of the market is cut-throat. To survive, firms such as our gamble for this week, have to become a major part of a firm’s supply chain and make sure that goods are delivered on time in the most efficient way possible.

This company we are talking about is quite good at this and has a decent reputation. One area of potential for this company is its biomass business. With a government looking to support biomass, this could turn into profitable business for…

N.I Express:
Ironstipper - I assume you are referring to the article below .

Tip of the Week

21/12/2012

Our tip for this week is a bit of a gamble but could be worth a speculative buy.

Moving goods from place to place is what makes economies work. Known in the traded as logistics, it is also a hard way to make a living. Competition at the bottom-end, box-shifting part of the market is cut-throat. To survive, firms such as our gamble for this week, have to become a major part of a firm’s supply chain and make sure that goods are delivered on time in the most efficient way possible.

This company we are talking about is quite good at this and has a decent reputation. One area of potential for this company is its biomass business. With a government looking to support biomass, this could turn into profitable business for…

Yes, thats the one from “Moneyweek”

But looking at the whole high street fiscal problems, it was a decline from me.

but to be fair, my enjoyment is AIM and PLUS shares, not FTSE 250 or FTSE 100

I wouldn’t. absolutely no way.

Things like this don’t help

environment-agency.gov.uk/news/144240.aspx