Services

I’m waiting to do a trailer change at a services, it looks like I’m gonna go over the free 2hrs, how long to I have to park around the corner for the 2hrs to reset.

Thank you in advance

I don’t know whether this helps but I had a changeover the other week and found that there was a problem with the trailer and needed the assistance of mechanics.
I went into the shop and explained that I had a breakdown and that might exceed the two hours free, the took my details and entered it into a book and said there would be no problem. :smiley: :smiley:

budgie69:
I’m waiting to do a trailer change at a services, it looks like I’m gonna go over the free 2hrs, how long to I have to park around the corner for the 2hrs to reset.

Thank you in advance

Have a ride round the truck park and park in a different spot,or act daft pal :wink:

Managed to get parked on a nearby industrial estate for half hour, just hope it resets the clock for when I have to go back in :wink:

seth 70:

budgie69:

Thank you in advance

Have a ride round the truck park and park in a different spot

How does that work when its based on ANPR readings taken when you enter and exit the services?

I had similar and went in to explain the predicament and as above they took details and said ok.

Harry will be along soon with a different version :wink:

Go into the shop, tell them your broken down and waiting for assistance…They’ll put you on the system then…

Conor:

seth 70:

budgie69:

Thank you in advance

Have a ride round the truck park and park in a different spot

How does that work when its based on ANPR readings taken when you enter and exit the services?

Or like in many other car parks no return within an hour (or two) :slight_smile:

I quite often park in services overnight for free…i also leave my truck in a services when on home leave ( so far its been there for 6 days ) yeah sometimes it gets tickets, sometimes not, but seeing as they cannot clamp anymore, and seeing as their tickets/fines are non enforceable, i will continue to do so…but then again i am on BG registration. ha ha …happy days.

One of ours got done at Watford Gap Northbound last year, he was doing a regular Trunk from MK-Solihull x 2, first trip he popped in for a coffee & left after about 10 minutes, second trip (about 4 hours later) he popped on again for another coffee, again on his way 10 minutes later. They sent an invoice for parking for over 4 hours, turned out that someone had parked, blocking the exit camera, so they didn’t register his exit on the first visit, he ended up telling them to Poke It.

I parked for about 2 hours 15 minutes at Tibshelf N/bound a few weeks ago, realising after I’d left, I decided to pop into the shop on the southbound side on my way back down & explained that I’d gone over my time without realising, the fella was good enough to cancel it.

I parked at thurrock a while back as I was too early for my booking at tosco’s, managed to get a space and sat in there for the two hours, went to the toilet just before leaving, got back and a foreigner had blocked me in, no where to be seen, went in and told them I was close to the 2 hours and might go over due to this, she said ok no problems, if you get a ticket or anything just ring us and will rescind it!! Never heard anything!!

Claretmac:
I parked at thurrock a while back as I was too early for my booking at tosco’s, managed to get a space and sat in there for the two hours, went to the toilet just before leaving, got back and a foreigner had blocked me in, no where to be seen, went in and told them I was close to the 2 hours and might go over due to this, she said ok no problems, if you get a ticket or anything just ring us and will rescind it!! Never heard anything!!

Send your ‘invoice’ to Tesco’s as it’s their policy that requires you to stay on someone else’s land at their expense rather than their own :sunglasses:

You just have to guess when the 2 hrs ‘charge’ kicks in :wink: live life on the edge :sunglasses:

Be interesting to see some random trucks who have ■■■■ all to do with Tesco rocking up and parking in their yard for a couple of hours before rocking off to where they are due in the company down the roads yard later.

dave19544:
I don’t know whether this helps but I had a changeover the other week and found that there was a problem with the trailer and needed the assistance of mechanics.
I went into the shop and explained that I had a breakdown and that might exceed the two hours free, the took my details and entered it into a book and said there would be no problem. :smiley: :smiley:

Same happened when I had a fault on a truck at Clackett Lane several years ago. I wasn’t charged despite remaining there several hours.

if u left services even ten mins m8 u ok as cameras will clock u leaving then start u again as u go back in :smiley:

No problem - do trailer swaps somewhere else! HTH?

Kate:
Go into the shop, tell them your broken down and waiting for assistance…They’ll put you on the system then…

i did that last sunday at toddington when i was waiting for a tyre fitter