Sending photos by PM

Sorry to all you computer experts on here if I,m asking a really thick question :blush: :blush: but how do I send photos by PM which are stored in my scan documents (hope thats the right term :unamused: ) as you have probably gathered I aint that brill on the PC. :blush: so be gentle with me :laughing: :laughing:

As far as I can see, you canโ€™t add an attachment to a PM as you can to a post, which means you would have to upload the photo to an image host such as Photobucket, then copy the IMG code from there and paste it in to the body of the message.

If you donโ€™t want to use a photo store such as Photobucket you can upload them to your Trucknet-UK Personal album, youโ€™ve already uploaded an image to your album so it may be the easiest option :wink:

1. Upload the images to your TrucknetUK personal album. (Other on-line image stores are available)

2. Click on the image in your album and copy the web address from the โ€œImage-URLโ€ text box bellow the image.

3. Paste the address into the PM.

4. In the PM select the whole of the address and click on the โ€œImgโ€ button just above the message box, this will surround the image address with the โ€œIMGโ€ tags.

5. Preview the PM before sending it.

Itโ€™s basically the same as putting an image in a post except that you canโ€™t use the attachment feature.

edit:

2 A) An alternative method is instead of copying the web address as in step 2) copy/paste the โ€œImage BBCode:โ€, this will put a thumbnail of the image into the PM which when clicked will take the recipient to the larger picture.

Thanks for the advice lads, I,ll give it a go.