SDM European

SuperLooey:
Smashing snaps there Nick a real credit to you, do you work for them ?

Nooo sadly not, would love a bit of kit like that though

I know one of SDM’s drivers well , and as stated above , he loves it here . Not one bad word to be said about them . As for getting a seat there , join the queue !!!

Out of interest how many trucks are they running now then and what sort of work do they do ? If you would rather pm me about the work that’s fine. I’m just curious to know.

SuperLooey:
I’ve done a search and nothing about said firm is showing. Can anyone tell me if they are still on the go ? They used to run some very smart kit, was wondering if anyone has had dealings with them and what sort of work they do ? Cheers :laughing:

you my friend are takin the p1ss

SuperLooey:
Are they a fairly big outfit then ? Do they have a yard ? I see from the website they have an office in Bicester and what I presume the owners house in Bedford. Seems from what you guys are saying it’s one of them ‘Dead mans shoes’ sort of company. Which is fantastic in this day and age of just being a number and a ten-a-penny lorry driver :angry: Any chaps on here work there or have done previously ?

you my friend are takin the p1ss… think you are trying to impersonate superloopy

What gives you the impression I am trying to impersonate anybody ? I have merely asked a few questions regarding a transport firm which I have not seen around for a while and have always admired how wonderfully turned out they are.
May I just suggest that if your going to log on to the site while your scuttered to the eyeballs through drink, that you at least try and make a bit of sense. But thanks again for you valuable contribution to the thread :unamused:

I have done a fair bit for them in the past on a backload basis.
They do a lot of running out empty to Belgium and northern France to cover their very lucrative contracts they have. The majority of work is subbed, and that’s how they make money.
They were running 1 a week to Spain but I’m not too sure if they still do that.
Not as hard to get on as you may imagine, it can be long hrs and a long time away.

Cheers Turnip

SuperLooey:
May I just suggest that if your going to log on to the site while your scuttered to the eyeballs through drink, that you at least try and make a bit of sense. But thanks again for you valuable contribution to the thread :unamused:

Get real. FYI I had just finished work!

SupeLoopy used to work for them.Your alias is very similar and you are asking about SDM. PM SuperLoopy, hes on this site. He will give you all the info you need. How’s that?

shame theres not more companies like this about these days the continued eastern bloc invasion has seen a lot of good companies go pop unable to compete

Well if the company house figures is anything to go by they don’t seem in a good way

scaniav8power:
Well if the company house figures is anything to go by they don’t seem in a good way

That means nowt. :wink: :laughing:

scaniav8power:

Take a good look at any major transport co’s records and I think you’ll find very little profit. It may be the result of a poor trading period or more likely the result of clever accounting to reduce the tax burdon.

the maoster:

scaniav8power:

Take a good look at any major transport co’s records and I think you’ll find very little profit. It may be the result of a poor trading period or more likely the result of clever accounting to reduce the tax burdon.

Exactly, the whole point of paying an accountant is for him/her to produce figures showing that you have lost as much money as he/she can possibly get away with. You don’t pay tax on a loss :wink:

tell you what lads I didn’t look at it like that. That’s why im a driver and not an accountant! totally right they have always seemed a top and very clever company and if you look at the posts on here never been a bad word said about them and long may they continue

Oh dear.

After having so many nice things said about them on here - I assume that they will soon be going under:(

They dont look or sound like a people who ■■■■ the business, you dont run that type of kit, without the suppliers having faith in you.

I bet the balance sheet looks impressive :wink:

one of the best if not thee best looking fleet still around