Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Froggy55:
Probably not much space for the driver to stretch his legs in that cab!

We had some at the quarry before my time there and apparently drivers were not keen on the seating position and preferred the Ergomatic cab. One told me that you had to drive then in a semi standing position.

Pete.

windrush:

Froggy55:
Probably not much space for the driver to stretch his legs in that cab!

We had some at the quarry before my time there and apparently drivers were not keen on the seating position and preferred the Ergomatic cab. One told me that you had to drive then in a semi standing position.

Pete.

Yes but more purchase on the armstrong steering Pete. :wink: :laughing:

Hi again,good feedback with the AECs,heres todays cuttings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img401.jpg

Hello again,back to the cuttings archive today,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img074.jpg

img380.jpg

img73.jpg

Hiya,
The BRS Big J is from my old depot Blackburn worked there in the late 50s
a long time before the Js made the scene, Bubbs your putting together a
nice “reference library” again just hope it doesn’t get interfered with.

The AEC Mackintosh pic is from an AEC gazette magazine from 1966. :wink:

bubbleman:
Hi again,good feedback with the AECs,heres todays cuttings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Some serious greedy boards on the Routeman.
Looks like one of Griff Fenders next to it.

London Carriers for you all, Buzzer

87954223_2560121757535029_7485566464313786368_n.jpg

48220581_320097648597998_2446725229376962560_n.jpg

harry_gill:
Hiya,

It won’t if you keep your trousers on “H” ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

harry_gill:
Hiya,

It won’t if you keep your trousers on “H” ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hiya,
Dennis don’t worry about my trousers remaining in the on position they’re
held in position with my old school tie namely “The School of Hard Knocks”
Keep o’er to the left my friend. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The big Roller in a Big J would have been a bit of an oddity for BRS. Any thoughts, H?

Retired Old ■■■■:
The big Roller in a Big J would have been a bit of an oddity for BRS. Any thoughts, H?

Bit of an overkill on general haulage,especially with hub reduction,IIRC GPO or BT also had some painted in yellow.

David

Retired Old ■■■■:

BRS seemed to like the Rolls, they had them fitted in their Scammell’s as well.

Pete.

windrush:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Pete.

Maybe it was a case of “try it & see” after having the Roller in the Crusaders? Most of the BRS Big Js had ■■■■■■■ 205 lumps.
Apart from 40-ish with 240 Gardners, of course!
Let’s see if he’s taking any notice!!!

Retired Old ■■■■:

windrush:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Pete.

Maybe it was a case of “try it & see” after having the Roller in the Crusaders? Most of the BRS Big Js had ■■■■■■■ 205 lumps.

I’m saying nowt.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Retired Old ■■■■:

windrush:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Pete.

So if my arithmetic is correct this will take the total Big J 240 LXB production to 80 + this claim will set the “believers” into ■■■■■■■ orbit with this latest claim ! Dear oh ■■■■■■■ dear !! :unamused: :open_mouth: :frowning: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

An article I have just been given from either Commercial Motor, or Motor Transport Magazine in 1974. I am always pleased to see these photos but It does surprise me of what people keep. Wish I had

Lift off.jpg

tastrucker:

bubbleman:
Hi again,a few more cuttings…Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hello bubbleman ,lovely picture of Lloyds Ludlow on Ludford bridge before the bypass ,just beyond the bridge but out of view is the old Temeside garage where Tony LLoyds father first started up ,before going to bigger premises down Corvedale street .
May i also say thank you for the Swains of Stetton Scania ,bubbleman back on the Scania 111 thread ! Trevor

Morning Trevor,
A pic of the original Temeside garage in Ludlow, the ground is still owned by the Lloyd family, Cheer’s Pete

PH.03997 Temeside garage c1930s.jpg

Hi again,heres a few more clippings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Bubbleman
Hi .
Good to see the photo of John Raymond’s WNY 620H. Driven by the late Malcolm Dix a regular nightman based in Witney on the Oxford changeover. It was fitted with a Fuller gearbox ( RTO 610 iirc ) and he could make it sing.
Thanks , Allan