Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Anyone know anything about the Milligan Guy bulker. TIR plate and Denmark on the front,intresting ?

Hi again,What a great shot of the Crusader from Lawrence…thanks for sharing it,more clippings today,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img259.jpg

img258.jpg

Nice lineup of Foden’s nmp’s, Buzzer.

Hi again,nice Foden pics Buzzer,heres todays cuttings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hiya,
What a fantastic livery on the Brian Harris Leyland.

British Salt operated 24 Fodens in 1992.

Advert from 1978.

bubbleman:

Why did those NCL D series have the indicators on the cab roof ?

Suedehead:

bubbleman:

Why did those NCL D series have the indicators on the cab roof ?

less prone to damage on the town work , restricted space they worked in, and more visible , they’re Beford TK indicators if i remember rightly
tony

Hi again,I had a PM from Aaron who wanted a pic from the Scrapbook from way back…I had to go into my external hard drive and found it amongst a folder of cuttings,here it is Aaron,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hi again,As I said in my last post I’ve been into the hard drive to find a particular shot,going through I found some from page 1 which have been spoilt by Photobucket :imp: ,here are some from page 1 so “Up yours Photobucket”,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:
Hi again,I had a PM from Aaron who wanted a pic from the Scrapbook from way back…I had to go into my external hard drive and found it amongst a folder of cuttings,here it is Aaron,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

hello bubbleman ,yes Oakleys of Broseley Telford ,they did mostly scrap work and later had F7 Volvos ,not sure if thet are still about .
The John Summers Shotton Guy ,also brought back memories,they also had Fodens at the same time ,thank you Trevor

tastrucker:

bubbleman:

hello bubbleman ,yes Oakleys of Broseley Telford ,they did mostly scrap work and later had F7 Volvos ,not sure if thet are still about .
The John Summers Shotton Guy ,also brought back memories,they also had Fodens at the same time ,thank you Trevor

Hi Trevor,
Oakleys jacked it in a few years ago now, the tri axle trailer of John Summers, as far as I know, was on single wheels as they had a very wide coil well in the trailer, some of these trailers lasted until the 1990’s as I done a couple of days for Merlin Distribution in Tipton and tipped one of these.

I recall that in the late 60’s after the 1968 transport act came about those narrow track single wheel trailers were OK in theory but in operation they were a disaster blowing tyres off and they seemed to disappear as fast as they appeared. Cheers Dennis.

The Frenc Tri-axles from Trailor were the dogs though - very impressive & rode well

Bewick:
I recall that in the late 60’s after the 1968 transport act came about those narrow track single wheel trailers were OK in theory but in operation they were a disaster blowing tyres off and they seemed to disappear as fast as they appeared. Cheers Dennis.

Hi again,those early tri axle trailers which Dennis rightly says seemed to come and go quickly and at that time not many hit the road,the first pic is my F86 with one of these trailers on her back which survived,it was a 1967 York Trailer,enough of me rambling,heres todays cuttings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

That is a surprise Marcus you running an F86 and tri axle York ! What length was the trailer ? and the ULW of the outfit would have meant a good payload at 32 ton gvw--------- 2 X 11ton coils ? But all I can add to the debate about those early tri axles was that my first semi trailer was a 32 ft Primrose tandem 4 which was built on wider track axles but just with single 1100x 22:5 standard wheels and Mich X tyres and we never had a problem plus a payload of 18 tons @ 26 ton GVW was achieved. Cheers Dennis.

pete smith:

tastrucker:

bubbleman:

Hi Trevor,
Oakleys jacked it in a few years ago now, the tri axle trailer of John Summers, as far as I know, was on single wheels as they had a very wide coil well in the trailer, some of these trailers lasted until the 1990’s as I done a couple of days for Merlin Distribution in Tipton and tipped one of these.

hello pete ,yes i had not seen Oakleys for some time ,do you know of J Rollason in Wellington ,they do similar work .
Yes ,those tri axels of John Summers were on singles ,thank you Trevor

Bewick:
That is a surprise Marcus you running an F86 and tri axle York ! What length was the trailer ? and the ULW of the outfit would have meant a good payload at 32 ton gvw--------- 2 X 11ton coils ? But all I can add to the debate about those early tri axles was that my first semi trailer was a 32 ft Primrose tandem 4 which was built on wider track axles but just with single 1100x 22:5 standard wheels and Mich X tyres and we never had a problem plus a payload of 18 tons @ 26 ton GVW was achieved. Cheers Dennis.

Depending on the trailer Dennis,you could get over 24 tons payload. :wink:

DEANB:

Bewick:

Depending on the trailer Dennis,you could get over 24 tons payload. :wink:

Sounds good to me Dean so pro rata I could get 18tons on the single wheel tandem 4 and and with another axle I could have got up to 24 ton ( with the right unit of course) I was always keen of lightweight equipment i.e. single leaf springs and tubeless 1100x 22:5 wheels !! Cheers Dennis.