Scanny 143?

Ok what are they like to drive? Must be one of the very few I have not had the pleasure of…
Start a new job soon and Im told thats what I will be drivin although the money is good lol
Not sure what year …just told its in the paintshop :unamused:
Still I get to view it soon :open_mouth:
Cheers
Dave

About the best truck Scania has made, so far. Better than the 4-series, in many ways.

One of the last “Proper Trucks” to be made in my opinion.

Just be careful if it’s a 500 Centurion. Does any -one remember the electrical problems when they came out ? A nice truck, but prone to a bit of smouldering…

To any - one who hasn’t driven a V8 2 or 3 series Scania - I’ll say 1 thing -

" You aint lived!! " :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers,

Niall.

A good 143 will whip many of todays “supertrucks” "!!

Definately agree with the posts above…the cab will feel dated compared to a newer truck, but boy will it pull!!! :sunglasses:

Quite jealous, to be honest… :open_mouth: :blush: :grimacing: :grimacing:

i had an irish 143 450 blow my doors off on the m6 northbound last night, i even opened my window to hear the v8 growl. no better sounding truck engine in my opinion

The 2 different 143’s ive had were ok, one was a E reg, the other F, both 450’s, sounded great with twin stacks (which they both had on). The one was better for nights out, as the top bunk was tossed out, and the bottom one raised half way up the cab on a box, otherwise OK to drive but therye a dog kennel for space in the standard cab (I reckon so anyway) They go well I remember once I was going to Inverness with quite an heavy 40 box, and hit them services at the top of the 74 easy in 4 and a half. I dont recall a limiter being in attendance in that motor :laughing: , but my 480 merc would ■■■■ all over them for hills, and it did the 470’s come to that! :smiley:

Ha Ha a Scania 143, I wouldn’t want it, give me my FL10 any day of the week, or my Iveco Eurotub or Renault Major… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I HATE Scanias, worst, over rated uncomfortable piece of crap on the roads today… :unamused: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :sunglasses: :open_mouth: :smiley: :slight_smile: :angry: :imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: :unamused: :blush: :sunglasses: :confused:

Stuart

Munchman:
Ha Ha a Scania 143, I wouldn’t want it, give me my FL10 any day of the week, or my Iveco Eurotub or Renault Major… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Men in White coats, will be with you soon. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

very true daf our f reg is still going strong and returning 8.5 ish

While I wouldnt call 143’s crap, I agrere with Munchman one one point, thatd Id sooner have a Eurostar, the cab is just loads better.

Munchman:

Stuart

A 143 has probably got more “pull” than those 3 put together :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They must have them stockpiled here in Ireland, there so many of them :laughing: :laughing:

The last comfortable truck scania made ! Had one on demmo once ,centurian450 as i remember, awsome bit a kit,if it wasnt for the price tag i think wed have had one,but we ended up with a 113 380 instead. Which in turn was replaced with 4 series which was awfull,6 months down the line all5 4 series motors were replaced with FH 420`s

I dont like them either, I havent had a 143 but the rest of the Scanias I have driven have either hurt me, bankrupt me or paid crap money to drive them. :stuck_out_tongue:

I had an 81, a 92, 112, a 141 and a 142 with a couple of months in a 113.

Give me a Daf or an MAN anyday :laughing:

Scanias…you couldn’t give me one in a gift, can’t stand 'em. But sure enough, every time I did something for an agency, what kind of truck did I get lumbered with…you got it…a Scania. The 4 series was acceptable cos the bunk was bigger, but after driving the 3 series for a few months tramping and being out 5 nights a week, with that god awful tiny cramped bunk, I finally decided why I hate Scanias as much as I do.

Give me back my Twingo…please…

Stuart

JONBOY@RH:
i had an irish 143 450 blow my doors off on the m6 northbound last night, i even opened my window to hear the v8 growl. no better sounding truck engine in my opinion

I thought your engine was playing up when you passed me, and I was doing 60ish :laughing: .

Overated, Overpriced, OverValued,Over the hill, they are not the porsche or mercedes of trucks although the dealers seem to think so and its shows in their attitude!! Volvo far better, drivers truck!!!

At the time Volvo couldn’t make a truck to keep up with the 143 streamline. Still probably the best truck Scania ever made :sunglasses: :sunglasses: