Scania R-CAB Topline - Interactive 600

Hello,

Im a final year student a Sheffield Hallam University studying Product Design and main project is currently looking at interactive products/items that improve long distance driving, and whether there is something that can be designed to improve this.

So I am just wondering what people know of the ‘Interactive 600’, whether its useful and what it can be used for, from the people who may use it.

Thanks for any info or thoughts you can give

Gav

Would I be right in thinking that interactive 600 is the PC type thing in the new scanias? If so im not sure that many companies are speccing their trucks with it as its difficult to justify the cost.

Although I could be wrong!! :blush:

Hi, I ave used the “i600” & i found it an excellent system, the sytems I have used are equipped with , DVD, CD ( &burner ) TOUCH SCREEN TELEPHONE, BLIND SIDE CAMERA, SAT NAV, EUROPEAN STANDARD TV, FUEL CONSUMPTION LOGGING.
I first used the sat nav, and found this a fantastic system, so good i bought one for my lap top, the DVD player is very good, the TV was ok but i think that was down to the Marine arieal fitted, the only problem i found to be a nusiance , was when you used the DVD / TV , and you adjusted the soundlevel as it puts everything through the stereo speakers in the cab, it was either too loud or you couldnt hear anything when using the telephone, the images from the camera where sometime off putting as I had already taken inthe fact a vehicle was approaching, and stored this in my mind, when all of a sudden the screen in the dash would show a set of headlights coming down your nearside, this would sometimes catch you out and make you think that was one you missed seeing as the system / vehicle picked it up or went so fast.
but yes it is a brilliant bit of kit, but could do with more angle and tilt as when the sun hits it you cant se the images on screen very well, also when you retire for the night and swop seats to the passenger side the screen could do with more movement… again brilliant , and for a security thing i dont have any of my gear, laptop, tv,dvd player in the cab for some thieving bugger to lift…its all fitted in a nice little package, paid for by the boss…£6000 is the figure we have been told !..good luck with your studies , if you need more in depth info, Scanias at Stowmarket fitted the one i have used, and Richard Long Transport is the company that has got them fitted in the trucks, if you want to contact them and speak to the workshop manager the number is 01953713380 ask for Richard Anderson he may be able to answer anything else for you, but i would try Scanias first…

Yeah I first saw basic info about it on the scania website.

scania.com/services/fleetman … actor_600/

Thanks for the in-depth info about it and what you think of its use, very helpful.
Have been thinking about issues with distracting, as mentioned with the camera, as cars now use HUD displays…?

…but understand there would be a lot more information applicable for truck use.

Still early days so thanks for the insight, will see if there somewhere in Sheffield so I can have a closer look, and make some more contacts.

I have to interact with my Volvo to get it to move… :wink: :wink: