Scania p380 runs poorly

Hi everyone, have to try if anyone in here have experienced the same mystery as i,
So i have a scania P380 2008 with the hpi engine, 1st problem was that the engine shut off itself while driving a couple of times, a moment later it would start right back up, this way i got home but now when starting it runs very poorly doesnt rev and throws black smoke after a moment engine malfunction shows in the display and it shuts off, due to the first problem i sent the engine ecu for repair, the mechanic found bad solderings and fixed it so putted the ecu back in and fired up, still the same problem, so far have i changed o-rings in every injector, adjusted the injectors and the valves, still the same problem, fuel filter have been changed a couple of times first filter i changed was pretty dirty (black), i get a fault code when running the diagnostics it is ems 4759, according to my research its about the injector solenoids on the fuel rail, could this have been the problem from the beginning? When measuring ohms on the front and rear bank solenoids i get the same value, dont know if its right but its something, trying to get help from scania without bringing the truck to them wasnt really popular, however they said that in order to test the fuel components they have to be sent to germany, my own thoughts on this is that there is something more that triggers the fault code, thougt that i replace the solenoids just to try but they are pretty expensive so would like a little more confirmation that it really is the problem, grateful for answers

I may be completely off, but do you have a way to test the starter motor? I had a similar set of problems on an old car with the diagnostics pointing to fuel injector and solenoid problems. After spending a small fortune on trying to solve it (unsuccessfully) the starter motor failed after a couple of months. Once I replaced that, the problem was gone. I tried 3 different garages and none of them worked out that it was a starter motor problem, until it failed completely.

As I said, I may be completely off, but it could be worth a try, especially if you have a way to test it.

Not something stupid like a dodgy earth lead from the block to the chassis?

1 Like