Scania P Series - Cab Controls Question

Have been in the P series lately. Not bad.

Question though, there is (was) a turn dial thing on the dash console, right below the parking brake. I saw was as the turn dial thingy is missing. And the boss doesn’t know what it is (was) either. It has a little round rocker switch next to it which when operated has a little red led illuminate to show that it is ‘on’. Otherwise, nothing else happens. No info on the dash. No buzzing, whistles or screams… no hint of what it may do. Any scania drivers have a clue about this?

A picture of said area might help but I do recall out M reg ‘3’ series rigids having a dial of sorts and it was a idle speed/Rev adjuster…kind of an early cruise control!

If all else fails

R T F M :smiley:

It turns the light on in the cargo area.

Would a airline screw on to it?

Rob9b:

Seriously!? As dull as that? I thought maybe a waiter service…

slowtrac:
Would a airline screw on to it?

Yes

This is where you screw a quick release valve for an airline.

The rocker switch is for something else entirely…

el_presidente:

Rob9b:

Seriously!? As dull as that? I thought maybe a waiter service…

To my great shame, on my last firm I had the Scania for about 2 years before I realised that the rocker switch was for the cargo area light, and the valve type thing to the right is an airline for air duster gun or similar.

SWEDISH BLUE:
If all else fails

Unless the motor is brand new or nearly so, the “F M” will have disappeared years ago. :exclamation:

axletramp:

SWEDISH BLUE:
If all else fails

Unless the motor is brand new or nearly so, the “F M” will have disappeared years ago. :exclamation:

Nope, to be fair, it’s in the locker next to the tacho. And it doth mention nuffink about this … must have been an optional extra.

If 'tis for an air duster, clearly t’was never before used. :unamused:

Anyhow, reckon I can get a tyre pressure gauge to run off that?

I had one on my old p cab, it switched the roof beacons on and off :wink:
The gold screw valve is for your air duster.

R T F M?

theantbox:
R T F M?

Read the ■■■■■■■ manual… :open_mouth:

Thought so. Brain not quite ticking properly… Got Read … [zb] manual. Couldn’t work out the T. Doh! :blush: