Scania door lock

I CANT OPEN MY SCANIA DRIVERS DOOR FROM THE INSIDE IT OPENS OK FROM OUTSIDE CAN ANY ONE HELP

Carna:
I CANT OPEN MY SCANIA DRIVERS DOOR FROM THE INSIDE IT OPENS OK FROM OUTSIDE CAN ANY ONE HELP

Yes. Just wind the window down and pull the outside handle to open the door when required. :laughing:

Carna:

yes, buy a decent truck that does not have a tendency to lock itself too :wink:

Scanias truly are rubbish…I drive the lot of them, and there aint one I like, apart from the turning circle and the stereo…Not at all designed for the speed limits of the euro zone :imp:

I once got locked out of a R420 brand spanking new scania in the middle of nowhere when I stopped to use a bush’s facility’s…managed to flag down a passing land rover, used his key to open the lock. I was shocked that it worked as i didn’t feel very secure from then on!!!

get yourself an old ERF, you don’t need to lock it cos nobody will pinch it.

Carna:

effin’ brilliant. :laughing: :laughing:

Carna:

You door opening handle inside the cab has snapped/broke its lug off you will prob need a new pull handle pending what year it is either the 4 series or R series,
If its the 4 series you can do a quick cheap fix and swop the door pull handle for the n/side handle

Scanias are easy to open from the outside but I agree it should be kept off a public forum, struggle enough keeping ourselves secure

Took key out of drivers door after locking up for the weekend,as i took the key out,the barrel came out aswell,the door was secure,but i,m going to have to get it fixed on monday,does any of you lads know weather it is just a lock change or will scania require the wagon to re programme keys etc…

what age and model is it??

there is usually just a circlip holding the barrel in place.should only take half hour tops to fit replacement.

Never had that but once had a guy come in our yard with a 164 topline and the truck locked him out !!!
heard of happening afore , luck he was in glesga ,i managed to take out his side cab window :laughing: (no damage) and get the keys out ignition
(theres a auto windscreens at the endo four road they popped it back in for him :wink:

you dont need the to smash the windscreen there is another way to get in but im not going to post it here if you do need to know then pm me

The circlip from the back of the barrel has probebly dropped inside the door. take off the door panel and fix it yourself.

Merc Actros seem to have a habit of locking themselves, usually with the driver outside.
Answer, £4.50.

How, go to your local cobblers and have a spare non coded key cut and keep it on your car/house key ring and keep them in your pocket. It won’t start your engine, but will allow use of the electric windows when you have to hand your keys in at the paranoid RDCs.

the wagon is an 06, P420,just spoke to one of our fitters who had a quick look at it,the barrel had fell to pieces,so it looks like a trip to scania on monday,

alix776:
you dont need the to smash the windscreen there is another way to get in but im not going to post it here if you do need to know then pm me

:wink: :wink: :wink: