Sat nav & pro-cab software

I drive a 18t lorry and have used sat nav’s before but as they are ment for cars they don’t work too good when in a lorry.
I have seen some software on the internet called “pro-cab +” and it is a bit of software that you load onto your sat nav that is ment to make your sat nav work much better for lorry’s.

the software is from the site
www.hgvsolutions.com/

Has anyone used this software and is it any good

Thanks
Steve

It doesn’t work. Reports back shows that it still tries to send lorries down unsuitable roads. The problem is that there is no database that covers weight limits, width restrictions or low heights (other than Network Rail). So unless they drive every road in the UK, they are not accurate.

Save your money, get a Tomtom and use your eyes and brain.

Hi Mate,

Have a look at the Syrius Truckmate. This is the best Satnav I have ever had it has never let me down yet!
You can input the the details of your truck i:e weight,length,height etc and even ADR details if you carry ADR loads. It will divert you around low bridges warn of cameras and van etc. The 7" screen even has TV on it. I use the S2000 best money I have spent.

steveh:
I drive a 18t lorry and have used sat nav’s before but as they are ment for cars they don’t work too good when in a lorry.
I have seen some software on the internet called “pro-cab +” and it is a bit of software that you load onto your sat nav that is ment to make your sat nav work much better for lorry’s.

the software is from the site
hgvsolutions.com/

Has anyone used this software and is it any good

Thanks
Steve

hi mate the procab is only a LAYER over. you can get all the info free from tomtom home. download it straight onto your device. includes bridge heights,weights,prefered routing ect. all free. :sunglasses:

Best program I have used is Navigator 8 Truck, although I have a couple of issues with it at the moment, that is more due to my PDA rather than the software.

Tom Tom truck on sd card if you aready have a tom tom unit, got one last week set dimensions and so far it has been spot on

mick_n3:
Tom Tom truck on sd card if you aready have a tom tom unit, got one last week set dimensions and so far it has been spot on

but is’nt that only for the go series tomtom?? :confused:

optidrive:
hi mate the procab is only a LAYER over. you can get all the info free from tomtom home. download it straight onto your device. includes bridge heights,weights,prefered routing ect. all free. :sunglasses:

Where in TT Home do you look for this?

SteveH,
I have been looking out for your post. Well headed :wink: .

optidrive:

mick_n3:

but is’nt that only for the go series tomtom?? :confused:

Yes will work in most of the go units, and routes round bridges, wieght limits etc, where as the download for bridge hieghts and wieght limits in TT Home only stores them as a poi and then warns when near them. I had them and it was a right royal pain in the ■■■■ telling it to avoid certain poi’s every time you plan a route.

As has been discused on here before there are websites that you can download a copy tt truck :wink: , i did this but found the cracked version wouldn’t update speed cams or through home, however it did work

You don’t actually need home to add poi or up date aplocations or even maps home is only an easy interface for doing the above

Personally I wouldn’t use tomtoms speedcameras anyway

mick_n3:

I’ve just bought one of these and its really easy to set up and use - having said that I’ve not used it in a truck yet :blush:

Some of you have TomTom Truck on SD card.
Somebody tell me where to get it from please.
I have a go live 750.

Ninefifty:
I have a go live 750.

The FTA sell them Clicky here
Doesn’t list a 750 though as compatable might be were emailing them, when i first contacted Tom Tom about it and they forwared the email to the FTA and they replied to me with the details so I would try the FTA direct.

Lymm sell the for the same price if your up that way

Try totalgps personally I’d flog the 750 and get a 730/40 better device or even a 520 then the as card from them I think a 520 and tt truck as card worked out at 250 god knows why you went for the live device as it’s 10 quid a month after the initial trail Or look at something away from tomtom ie garmin or navigon

Thanks Mick.
Will get in touch with the FTA but first impressions tell me to be doubtful. Don’t know who Lymm are or where they are based.

Alix,
Totalgps.com no longer exist.
My history of satnav ownership covers 3 brands in under 12 months. 1st syrius s6000 plus then a garmin nuvi 265 - software corruption scared me into buying what I use now the 750 live. All the while I never thought T R U C K !!! :smiley:
I am now having to make do as nobody seems to recommend ProCab.
TT offer other options away from £10 a month which I don’t need as camera and traffic are more important in a bundle available for £35 a year. I am about to take it.

Anybody know of an sd card compatible with my Garmin for trucks?

this lad must be on drugs.
cgi.ebay.co.uk/TomTom-Truck-Navi … 27af1f7bc4

Try here totalpda.co.uk/ I got the .com co.uk mixed up sorry

Part response from TT Home below:

Recently we have started to sell this on personal devices such as the GO 7000 through Maplin and the Freight Transport Association. The software cannot be downloaded yet but we do also have some SD cards that are being sold for use on the 20 series (GO 520, 720, 920, 530, 730, 930).

Currently we do not have software that is compatible with your device. Also, Live or Plus Services do not work with the Truck Navigation software.

Hi

Ive just bought a snooper s7000 and wish I hadn’t bothered. I got it to use in France to try and keep off the motorways and in its first week has sent me through 3 weight limits, refused to set me a route from the east of paris to the west which my tomtom managed to do with no problem and tried to send me down a road which is way to small for a truck but fortunately it is a regular pick up so I know the truck route in.
The screen brightness can only be altered through the main set up menu so you can’t have 2 user set levels for day and night although the unit does change to a darker colour on a drop down menu.
It ships with no camera database installed so after paying almost £400 for the unit you will have to pay another 30 quid to install cameras which I have not been able to do as It keeps coming up server not available, snooper tell me it is my internet connection that is at fault yet it is working here fine.
I could go on but really I wished I had just bought the sd card truck update for my tomtom as it is alot more user friendly than the snooper. The one good point of the S7000 is the large screen but I don’t think it is worth paying almost £400 just for that.
Hope this helps

Graham

mick_n3:

Ninefifty:
I have a go live 750.

The FTA sell them Clicky here
Doesn’t list a 750 though as compatable might be were emailing them, when i first contacted Tom Tom about it and they forwared the email to the FTA and they replied to me with the details so I would try the FTA direct.

Lymm sell the for the same price if your up that way

Jesus, HOW MUCH■■?

Glad I didn’t pay that for mine :wink:

What map version you running on tomtom truck? I’m on 8.4 and find that a lot of industrial estates are blocked for trucks, so when you try to navigate to them it says “no truck route found, use car route instead?” Clicking yes works fine cause it’s took the truck route all the way to the road that’s blocked, but it’s still bloody annoying and the map corrections don’t seem to be able to permit the truck.

Hoping this is cured with 8.45 maps or maybe next navcore