Sat nav advise please?

My tom tom has gone ca- put, I had a 530 go with a tom tom truck SD card in it.

I’m currently on a 4 wheel rigid delivering mainly to schools & colleges & the odd industrial estate nationwide but mainly down south.

I’ve heard good reports about tom tom TRUCK 5150, tom tom go 6000 & Garmin dezi 560. But bad reports about tom tom truck 5250.

Any advise please!

Get another 520. Pop in your sd card,us e software called fast activate .job sorted.

gezt:
Get another 520.

+1
Then spend the money you saved on beer and whores

Look on eBay and spend even less. £36 is all you need to part with for a Truck-nav.
Then peirres advice looks even more fun.

Hi guys thanks for the replies,

but the 530 go won’t show any maps at all & the Tom tom truck SD card is corrupted so both now in the bin!!!

So back to my original question what Sat Nav is best for my job?

Which £36.00 Sat Nav is any good on e bay?

“Xgody truck sat nav” Ebay £36 delivered to door!!!

I use the TomTom 5150, can’t fault it,if set up properly .
What you get that is the advantage over the cheap ones, are live traffic (very good) constant updates to your maps and speed cameras.
Sell your old one on eBay you’ll get something for it even as spares or repair…

Got myself a £40 eBay truck satnav. A few other drivers at my work have them and we all find them great, a few have said the chargers have died on them though.

Its very accurate and easy to use, only need a slight glance at it too with a big 7 inch screen.

I was going to get a Tom-Tom truck one but opted for the £40 number on the basis that if its garbage, £40 is no biggie and if its great then wayhey!

A.

Adonis.:
Got myself a £40 eBay truck satnav. A few other drivers at my work have them and we all find them great, a few have said the chargers have died on them though.

Its very accurate and easy to use, only need a slight glance at it too with a big 7 inch screen.

I was going to get a Tom-Tom truck one but opted for the £40 number on the basis that if its garbage, £40 is no biggie and if its great then wayhey!

A.

Do you have a link to the exact one you have,quite a few cheap ones floating about on eBay.

ckm1981:
Do you have a link to the exact one you have,quite a few cheap ones floating about on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251920485368?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D251920485368%26_rdc%3D1

This was the one I got.

The only problem I have with it is the time to destination is a bit out. I’m not sure why but it seems a bit pessimistic about how long it’ll take me to get places. Its not a big problem as I just guess from the mileage (which is as accurate as any top brand satnav) but can be a tad confusing when doing multi-drop. The other thing is a couple of drivers have said the ■■■ lighter charger has failed on them, again its no biggie as you can easily buy another and you get a USB charging cable too.

A.

You can have mine for £30, have to use company one so don’t need it. About 12 month old and very impressive for the price, matched my TomTom truck no problem. Offer 2 week sale and return if not happy.

get the tom tom go 7000
its the best one

ckm1981:

Adonis.:
A.

Bought the Xgody from Ebay few months ago £36 delivered and can’t fault it so far :sunglasses: :

ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= … v&_sacat=0

Apologies for re-riving a 4 year old thread but I’m also interested in getting a satnav.
I’ve looked at all the ones posted on here on ebay and in the ‘Items you may like’ bit had a sat nav called Pro Drive
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131370544691?euid=f9e8b05cd62e45a9a672658dae1e8a79&cp=1

Has anyone got one or used one? I’ve seen reviews on the net and the majority say it’s good however would be better to have someone on heres ‘review’ if you like.
there is a couple on there with different map options
it’s got the features anyone would need with a 7" screen… however doesn’t mean it does what it says on the tin (or box)

If not I might have to have a stab at it for £70 beats paying out for a garmin or tomtom finding out it’s poop :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance…