Saffron walden

Got a wide load into a site on radwinter road(behind Tesco petrol station)
Looking at coming in on the b1052…from the a1037 at Linton.
Can anyone advise?

Cancel that…It’s 18t weight limit.

I think the only way in without a weight limit is off J9a M11/end of A11 depending on the direction you’re coming from and along the B1183 and B1052 and the middle of the town isn’t exactly spacious :neutral_face:

Just to add, it’s well signed once you come off the A11/M11

You got a movement order for it or are you not wide enough to need one?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The movement order brings me into town on the b184…then left onto george street.
It looks nasty.

pilko_ad:
I think the only way in without a weight limit is off J9a M11/end of A11 depending on the direction you’re coming from and along the B1183 and B1052 and the middle of the town isn’t exactly spacious :neutral_face:

Looks like the way.
You can see the black sign(for lorries)on the junction between the b1383 and the b1052 via Google earth.
Still got to turn into george street…but it’s one way,and much more roomy from the south.

What time…

Will you be bringing the whole town grinding to a halt please? :wink:

George st and Hill st are what I was thinking of when I said it’s not too spacious, but it seems the only viable way in to where you’re going. I delivered to a site on Thaxted Rd about 12 months ago and the guys who brought in the 120t crane and ballast lorry said it was a complete nightmare getting through the town!

yourhavingalarf:
What time…

Will you be bringing the whole town grinding to a halt please? :wink:

Won’t be there till late morning :sunglasses:

pilko_ad:
George st and Hill st are what I was thinking of when I said it’s not too spacious, but it seems the only viable way in to where you’re going. I delivered to a site on Thaxted Rd about 12 months ago and the guys who brought in the 120t crane and ballast lorry said it was a complete nightmare getting through the town!

Great :cry:

If you can come from the south (Thaxted Rd) it’ll be easier as you’ll avoid the High Street to George St junction.

Also that site behind Tesco petrol station. If it is the big housing development (Linden Homes) the access is via Shire Hill industrial estate off Thaxted Road anyway. It used to be behind the petrol station when it first started but then changed about 18 months ago.

I got sent to it with a 22t excavator the week they changed it but omitted to pass that info on. Cheers for that then!

Just found that out pal.
:smiling_imp:

When I went in a normal size artic I came down the B1383 which I seem to remember was the way the black signs were directing me. This brings you from the south side into the down and you turn right into George street from there. It was tight though. Offside of my trailer just went up on the kerb and the tyre marks there show plenty do that. The position of the traffic lights on your near side mean you’ve got to be careful of not turning too late otherwise your tail might swing into them.

I wouldn’t fancy it with a wide load. Just how wide are you? And do you have any support in the way of either an ■■■■■■ or someone in the cab with you who can jump out and watch for you?

I was 3.350 metre.
Back again tomorrow…with a 3.450 load.
No attendant,as this is just under the maximum width,you can carry alone.
Going in…on mount pleasant road tomorrow,as this is the designated route for south bound lorries that are too high to pass under the bridge on the b1383.
This leads directly to thaxted road…where the entrance to site is now located(via shire hill ind est)