Safe weekend parking Rome

Hi All i am off to Rome on thursday tipping saturday you guys have come up trumps before so has anyone got any ideas for parking up over the weekend any info would be welcome thanks in advance.

Motorway services is the best bit, good food, showers, and the Police patrol them 24 hours, the further away from Rome the better.
As in any country, if you leave the cab, take the valuables,fuel cards and so on.
I leave a portable radio on, if I leave the cab.A light on deters opportunities of crime.
Or exit the motorway and park up in a rural
area before arriving in Rome.
A family owned Taverna will treat you like a long lost relative.

I can’t remember the name of it at the moment but I always used to park in the last services before Rome on the A1. You can catch a bus into town from here if you fancy it.

i know someone who left a Sprinter van (locked) near the Vatican, returned to find it had gone walkies into a Romanian gypsy camp and was disassembled, van was tracked but the police were not interested :open_mouth:

A WARD:
i know someone who left a Sprinter van (locked) near the Vatican, returned to find it had gone walkies into a Romanian gypsy camp and was disassembled, van was tracked but the police were not interested :open_mouth:

Thanks for that info :cry: i also heard that story somewhere but for the fact he lost a second sprinter from the same place to the same roma gypsys the day after found it a bit hard to believe once bitten ect but may be true anyway thanks for the heads up.

Eurorider:
I can’t remember the name of it at the moment but I always used to park in the last services before Rome on the A1. You can catch a bus into town from here if you fancy it.

Thanks for that fella :smiley: .

Thanks for all the info guys parked up at a place called Orte just north of Rome in the end would recommended it I had no probs what so ever am now awaiting reload in Modena once again thanks for info.

I never had a problem parking overnight in Italian towns, a wasteground,industrial area or near a supermarket, then walk to town to eat and have a look around.
If you get near Brescia, swing in and see the truckstop with a gym for drivers,exit Est off the toll road.

Brescia est have stopped there many times nice set up and very local to the town centre the underground gym and washing facilities are first class.

ah well modena could stop at campogalliano not been 4 a while but used to be good spot nice to here uk driver still doing eurowork might be looking myself shortly :smiley: