S Walker Transport?

Betz:
i think they do running to european sometime

They have the occasional run into Belgium, loaded in Kent.

Hardly Europe. I went there for a job about five/six years ago thinking they tramped Europe. Halfway through the interview, after being told the only European work was the occasional run into Belgium and straight back empty, I politely said I’m not interested as at the time I only wanted full on Euro work.

The work they do is bulk walking floor. Their office is a dirty grotty portacabin, yard is dirty, dusty and stinks of rotting milk as they have a pile of empty plastic milk cartons that stink the whole place out. The work is tramping, paid on a bonus system and is greatly reduced by any empty running, as the truck earns nothing running empty.
Not saying it’s a good job, not saying it’s a bad job either.

I know I’ve run them down a bit but would probably work there if they didn’t run Scanias, which have bu55er all in the way of storage space.

berewic:

Betz:

They have the occasional run into Belgium, loaded in Kent.

Hardly Europe. I went there for a job about five/six years ago thinking they tramped Europe. Halfway through the interview, after being told the only European work was the occasional run into Belgium and straight back empty, I politely said I’m not interested as at the time I only wanted full on Euro work.

The work they do is bulk walking floor. Their office is a dirty grotty portacabin, yard is dirty, dusty and stinks of rotting milk as they have a pile of empty plastic milk cartons that stink the whole place out. The work is tramping, paid on a bonus system and is greatly reduced by any empty running, as the truck earns nothing running empty.
Not saying it’s a good job, not saying it’s a bad job either.

I know I’ve run them down a bit but would probably work there if they didn’t run Scanias, which have bu55er all in the way of storage space.

■■■■■■■ hell, well worth resurrecting a 5 year old thread for those comments…you paid by the number of words you post on here or something?

Any update on theses guys how they run and stuff

Dirty messy yard with rats as big as dogs running around and wipe your feet on way of office . A bit of new kit here and there . Each time I’ve been in there the office seem pleasant enough bods around the yard mostly foreign . From what I gather its paid on vehical earnings and can earn well if you put yourself out

Has anybody got any knowledge of this company in Beoley nr Redditch. Another request for drivers has been advertised but i am a little wary as its one of those ads you often see. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Leeb2461 wrote Who said Boxer dogs are ugly ■■?

not me

I came across three of their driver a couple of years ago at a paper place near Tipton. One of the drivers said the money wasnt bad BUT you were expected to work your knackers off for it though.
The other two drivers were Polish and the English bloke had to put both their trailers on the bay for them, one took about half an hour trying and in the end gave up so the english one took over the reigns and did both of them.
At the time they ran walking floor trailers and the English bloke let me have a play, what a doddle. Press one button, the load walks towards you. Press another and it goes back into the trailer.
Their kit looked good at the time but unless he has invested, it could be ageing a bit now.

mate of mine works for them he enjoys it goes out on a sunday back fri lunch twice a month then mon to thurs,takes home between £450 and £550 its mostly tramping the works easy and been told they are getting some o7 plates in january by all acounts they run straight with sat tracks on nice kit all scanias :wink:

Thanx for that gents[/img]

had a mate work for them a few years ago, they were paying a percentage of truck earnings then, most drivers were tipping and loading off the card to make decent money, parking at delivery or tipping points instead of truckstops or service areas.
he stuck it for about 3 months but the more legal he ran the less money he earned, from £550 to £280 take home, he left the same day he earned £280 for a full weeks work legal.
it’s a long time since then and if they are getting 07 plate trucks then they will have to run legal, you can’t beat the digital tacho despite what some people say.

Cheers Johnny. Thats enough for me on that one then as i think i will leave that one for someone else