Royal Mail/Asda Normanton

Hi

Does anybody know what agencies run the Asda and Royal Mail contracts in Normanton just of the M62?

Thanks in advance

Royal Mail - Pertemps, ManPower and I think AS & T sort of share it. Not much happening there now til holidays start kicking in.

Asda - Driving Plus, though I was told there is a ‘waiting list’ to work there - WTF?! and they put you on other contracts like JLR or DHL retail or B & Q!

I think the above is correct, feel free to shoot me down if im misinformed!

It used to be…

Best Connection but, that was 15/20 years ago.

They had the oddest start times, 17:43 or 18:21 or 19:09 never 18:00 or 18:15. I spent most of my time there drinking tea and waiting for a job to come up. When it did it was never far and always involved being empty for 70% of the time.

Most of the full time drivers took 2/3 months sick every year.

yourhavingalarf:

Typical full time drivers.

The-Snowman:

yourhavingalarf:

Typical full time drivers.

I bet their houses were beautifully decorated though with all that time off !!

Thanks for your input eveyone.

I live right on the doorstep hence the reason for my interest.

I currently comute from South Elmsall to Bradford Marks and Sparks depot, decent enough work but the 40 commute either way is killing me!

Why not approach…

WH Malcolm? They have a new place at Normy.

A lot of the work is trailer swapping with some glass and Ikea thrown in.

donk1889:

I currently comute from South Elmsall to Bradford Marks and Sparks depot, decent enough work but the 40 commute either way is killing me!

Throwing the question back at you, who does the agency work at M & S? Are you on the NFT side or the other? Is it trunking or store deliveries? Whats the pay/hours like?

Cheers!

Have you not tried Next if you live in South Elmsall? Ive heard thats quite a decent number…or Superdrug?

I drive past Royal Mail and their sign from last year is still up, I’ll have a look tomorrow for you.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

yourhavingalarf:

I’ve never been near the place but that’s absolute bollox…

mick.mh2racing:
I drive past Royal Mail and their sign from last year is still up, I’ll have a look tomorrow for you.

Those signs only come down when they rot away…it’s January, he shouldn’t hold his breath for Royal Mail work!

Swordsy:

donk1889:

Throwing the question back at you, who does the agency work at M & S? Are you on the NFT side or the other? Is it trunking or store deliveries? Whats the pay/hours like?

Cheers!

Hi

Its Adr network mate, i do the Dhl side but Adr also have the Nft contract.

Its decent to be fair you can pretty much pick your start time, standard shift is around 10-11 hours.

pay is £10 ph mon-fri £11 saturday and £14 Sun, mixture of stores and trunking

Swordsy:
Have you not tried Next if you live in South Elmsall? Ive heard thats quite a decent number…or Superdrug?

Nothing going at the minute been told to call the agency back towards easter

mick.mh2racing:

Thanks mate.

Im told RM are on of the better employers

The sign is still there outside Royal Mail, agency is called AS & S and their number is 01226 283800. I don’t know what agency supply Asda Xdc at South Elmsall, I’ll try and find out for you.
Cheers

mick.mh2racing:
The sign is still there outside Royal Mail, agency is called AS & S and their number is 01226 283800. I don’t know what agency supply Asda Xdc at South Elmsall, I’ll try and find out for you.
Cheers

Thanks Mick, that is very much appreciated

Asda Cdc use driving plus, but realistically it’s only ever weekend work.

mick.mh2racing:
Asda Cdc use driving plus, but realistically it’s only ever weekend work.

Weekends will suit me fine to be honest, ill give them a call.

Ta