Route question, Gateshead to dunfermline

Just got my next batch of tour dates through. Need to get from Gateshead to Dunfermline overnight. Assuming the forth bridge is still closed to trucks, is the best option to go:

A1, Edinburgh bypass, M8, then follow M9 to junction 7 and go over the Kincardine bridge, then follow A985 to Dunfermline?

Just checking as no matter what I do google maps doesn’t give that as an option. It’s either showing the usual forth bridge route, or going via Glasgow to get to the Kincardine bridge.

Any advice much appreciated! Also, any news on it opening to trucks sometime this year? Good chance I’ll be headed up that side of Scotland again.

Hammy747:
A1, Edinburgh bypass, M8, then follow M9 to junction 7 and go over the Kincardine bridge, then follow A985 to Dunfermline?

That’s the best option, also an easy drive. Just mind the cameras north of the border are still 40.

You could always use the A68 too, I like it cos it’s a fun drive but it’s no great if you’re loaded.

A69 - M74 - M73 - M80 - M876 is also another option but it’s 5 mile longer than the A1 and there is a ■■■■ load of average speed cameras on the M74 and M73.

The bridge is still shut to hgvs, constant police presence too incase you think you can pull a fast one. I reckon what with all this crazy weather you might see it reopen to hgvs late January - early February.

merc0447:

Hammy747:

That’s the best option, also an easy drive. Just mind the cameras north of the border are still 40.

You could always use the A68 too, I like it cos it’s a fun drive but it’s no great if you’re loaded.

A69 - M74 - M73 - M80 - M876 is also another option but it’s 5 mile longer than the A1 and there is a [zb] load of average speed cameras on the M74 and M73.

The bridge is still shut to hgvs, constant police presence too incase you think you can pull a fast one. I reckon what with all this crazy weather you might see it reopen to hgvs late January - early February.

Cheers bud, I’ll go with my original plan. Will try and remember to slow down for the cameras!

There aren’t many now. The first 3 are all fairly soon after the border then 1 as you drop down the hill to the cockburnspath roundabout. Foot to the floor after that one (if you wish to do so) :wink:

scanny77:
There aren’t many now. The first 3 are all fairly soon after the border then 1 as you drop down the hill to the cockburnspath roundabout. Foot to the floor after that one (if you wish to do so) :wink:

10-4 rubber duck, I’ll put the hammer down!

What’s the likelihood of seeing a jam jar between midnight & 5am up there?

Won’t be in much of a rush getting up, but I’ve got to get from Aberdeen to York overnight so I might become a wreck less criminal not thinking of the children that night!

Hammy747:
Just got my next batch of tour dates through. Need to get from Gateshead to Dunfermline overnight. Assuming the forth bridge is still closed to trucks, is the best option to go:

Just checking as no matter what I do google maps doesn’t give that as an option. It’s either showing the usual forth bridge route, or going via Glasgow to get to the Kincardine bridge.

Any advice much appreciated! Also, any news on it opening to trucks sometime this year? Good chance I’ll be headed up that side of Scotland again.

You in the News :question:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-e … e-35237831