Roaming sim cards

Hi, am going back onto euro work from next week after a ten year reprieve, and was looking at roaming sims to make call costs cheaper. Which cards do any of you guys use if any, any help appreciated.

i have just gone back on euro work after 12 year break. At the min i use O2 and at the end of this month they are introducing tariff that allows you to use your contract mins but you have to pay a 50p connection charge per call . so will also be interested to see what others use

02pay as you go with a my Europe extra bolt on,does the job.

I used to use Oneroam, it used to be about 15p a minute to phone home from mainland Europe, my partner used to pay 9p a minute to call me from a UK landline and it was free to receive the call, I saved a fortune. They’ve been taken over by Go-sim now, gosim.com/gosim-international-sim-card.html I’ve had a quick look and it still seems cheaper than using one of the main providers.

the O2 travel should be cheaper as it’s 50p connection then use your allowance so you can talk as long as you want for 50p .cheaper than vodafone passport as well

Don’t go with t mobile, they will analy ■■■■ you. :imp:

I’m getting a dirt cheap O2 payg phone at the weekend with the international bolt on to receive calls.

O2 are also capping their data roaming charge in Europe to £1.99 per day, so if you do have a smart phone and forget to switch data roaming off you wont get a massive bill.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I’ve looked at them all now I was told to go down the o2 route and get the “my Europe extra” bolt on but they have stopped this from june 1st so just missed out but that would have been good so have decided on Harry’s solution gosim they do seem one of the best solutions and cheapest.

Hello wagonlad
I’m with orange, and pay a £10 bolt on , it’s the same as O2 was, you get free incoming calls and reduced outgoing .
If your wife or a family member work for the nhs , you can get a 25% discount on all contracts, but they don’t advertise this you have to call n ask !
So for the wife to phone me while I’m abroad it costs me nothing and she has my number as free calls on orange , which means free ! Other than the £10 bolt on fee !! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

vodaphone have cut thier euro prices from 1st of july but thay were good at 75p per call

Euro traveller on Vodafone is a new scheme they’ve introduced.
For £3 a day you can use your allowance abroad. That’s calls texts and data. You can also accept incoming calls for free. So if your Mrs gets unlimited Vodafone to Vodafone get her to ring you and it saves the daily £3. Its a rolling thing so you don’t pay £3 every day. Only when you’ve used it. Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi thanks JB this is the route I followed in the end was using a “gosim” but turned out was costing the caller 30p a min to call. So now using the euro traveller but also got a cheap payg to txt and call back if needed so as not to get the £3 daily charge.