road rage

dieseldog999:
has to have been a bit of swordplay beforehand otherwise why the aggro

Not necessarily, why do we always assume a build up to this kind of stupidity? Looks like the Citroen driver didn’t like the fact that suddenly his mirrors were full of the truck, even though he was leaving him behind at a rate of knots.

bobdebouwer:
I had a guy join the A90 south at Brechin and proceeded to slow me down to 50mph. Everytime I went to overtake he would speed up so I had to pull in behind him. He did this for 15 mins. I had enough and dialled 999.

Are you joking?

Nope, not joking at all.

Born Idle:

dieseldog999:

Not necessarily, why do we always assume a build up to this kind of stupidity? Looks like the Citroen driver didn’t like the fact that suddenly his mirrors were full of the truck, even though he was leaving him behind at a rate of knots.

it dosent happen for no reason other than a crash for cash…there has to be a bit of previous aggro otherwise why would he care.nobody will know except cameratruckie,and the citroen dude now suitably crucified.

At what point would the Citroen driver be sorry ? When the police catch up ,when he’s got a smashed up arse end ,the point where he’s trapped in the car being cut out ? When ? If the lorry did touch the car would the car be brave enough to stop ?

Good to see he has lost his licence etc too often does this type of carry on go un-punished, hopefully gets people thinking about their actions in the future.

My opinion is that it doesn’t matter if a car/lorry is joining or any other thing not on camera. It’s what’s on camera that’s the issue everything else is hearsay!

I’ve only had this happen to me once and my only crime was it took around a minute to overtake a car, well I think that was my crime. The fella hit the brakes that hard he nearly lost control!! No camera unfortunately.

the punishment was not enough,there are too many idiots like that around,apart from the re test they should have trebled everything else

bobdebouwer:

Contraflow:

bobdebouwer:
I had a guy join the A90 south at Brechin and proceeded to slow me down to 50mph. Everytime I went to overtake he would speed up so I had to pull in behind him. He did this for 15 mins. I had enough and dialled 999.

Are you joking?

Nope, not joking at all.

Oh dear. :unamused:

bobdebouwer:

Contraflow:

bobdebouwer:
I had someone do this to me coming south out of Aberdeen. Phoned 999, and 20 mins later traffic cops had him pulled over in a layby.

I think you just made that up.

Also, 999 is just for emergencies.

So, dangerous driving isn’t an emergency then?

The full story, he was in the right hand lane coming up Wellington Road, and across then roundabout and pulled from the right hand lane into the Shell garage right in front on me. He obviously didnt appreciate me honking the horn at him, seeing as I had to throw the double decker I was drivng at the time, into the right hand lane.

Next thing I knew, he was alongside me coming past Loch Loirston. Again pulled in front of me and slammed the brakes on, not once, but twice. Hence why I dialled 999 and yes the traffic cops did pull him into a layby about 4/5 miles south of Stonehaven. Its was just after Finavon that he overtook me.

Anyone can dial 999 to report and dangerous/careless/drink driver. Just like I did on a different occasion when someone undertook me coming up to a set of lights, they pulled in about 15 foot from the lights. When I phoned to report him, I told them I had dashcam footage and was told to pull up, so that the traffic cops can see the footage. They arrived within 15 mins, watched it and then said to send them copy on a dvd-rom and they will look at charging him with dangerous driving or at the very least “they will have words the clown”. Unfortunately my dashcam recorded over that segment, since then I have bought more sd cards, so I can swap them out if something happens.

The previso for dashcam footage though is, it has to include a speed trace. It doesnt have to be accurate but it does need to show that they FORCED you to change direction or speed. The time/date stamp has to be set to the correct time/date as well.

Again, I had a guy join the A90 south at Brechin and proceeded to slow me down to 50mph. Everytime I went to overtake he would speed up so I had to pull in behind him. He did this for 15 mins. I had enough and dialled 999. Got a phone call from the local traffic cop about 30 mins later. They had caught up to him and given him a stern lecture, warned him if he was reported doing that again he will face prosecution. At the end he asked me if I was prepared to give the police a statement in the event he did it again and was being sent to court.

nicely done

Berkshireblue:
Two counts of bellendry there. Car driver for what he did, truck driver for needlessly aggressive lane change.

nothing wrong with lane change, he braked as he was catching the caravan, with the speed the car came past he would have been long gone from under the feet, but he slows down then hits the brakes

dieseldog999:

Born Idle:

dieseldog999:

It dosent happen for no reason other than a crash for cash…there has to be a bit of previous aggro otherwise why would he care.nobody will know except cameratruckie,and the citroen dude now suitably crucified.

Mate that’s not cash for crash on a motorway at that speed. That’s a “back off lorry driver you’re too close” idiotic manoeuvre that didn’t need to be done. The cash for crash idiots don’t do it 1. at speed & 2. with family in the car.

Not enough footage available but it would appear the car was intimidated into performing this aggresive / stupid manouvre by a professional driver who should know better.

Yet more dashcam footage that shows the videoing driver as a bit of a plonker.

Dipper_Dave:
Not enough footage available but it would appear the car was intimidated into performing this aggresive / stupid manouvre by a professional driver who should know better.

Why is he a plonker? If he was clearing the 1st lane for a joining vehicle, or to overtake the caravan, he did nothing wrong. He waited for a faster vehicle to go past and then pulled safely into the 2nd lane. If a car driver who is going much faster than a vehicle behind him is intimidated into a stupid brake test I don’t think it’s dashcam driver’s fault. And, by the way, neither did the law!

Dipper_Dave:

+1 nobody apart from the 2 drivers will know…its just the citroen driver getting crucified as he messed up on cam…no biggy,happens every day with no great importance. similar to the flipflop that u turned onto the m/way in front of the camera. no cam,nobody would care.

bobdebouwer:
Again, I had a guy join the A90 south at Brechin and proceeded to slow me down to 50mph. Everytime I went to overtake he would speed up so I had to pull in behind him. He did this for 15 mins. I had enough and dialled 999. Got a phone call from the local traffic cop about 30 mins later. They had caught up to him and given him a stern lecture, warned him if he was reported doing that again he will face prosecution. At the end he asked me if I was prepared to give the police a statement in the event he did it again and was being sent to court.

Well the police up there ovboiusly have a lot more spare time than they do down south. You should have been charged with wasting police time.

m1cks:

bobdebouwer:

Well the police up there ovboiusly have a lot more spare time than they do down south. You should have been charged with wasting police time.

And why was you doing more than 50mph on a A Road■■? :unamused: :unamused:

m1cks:

bobdebouwer:

+1 I was assuming he was a Tosco type plobber until I read the part that said ,“overtaking” and “slowing me down”…but has to be in the same mindset…rule 1 when getting a “stern lecture” from plod…am I getting charged?,and byebye :unamused:

All this ■■■■ creases me up :laughing:
The guy in the blue car might have been aggrieved at something the wagon driver did, we just do not know but if he was or if he was just playing games the guy put his and his passengers lives at risk and got what he deserved, no one deserves to die for a mistake that inconvenienced another road user, if indeed that was the case.
No matter what we say or think he is guilty (TNUK CSI overruled :laughing: )

Lol, laughing at some of the comments. Needed a bit of a chuckle, been tiling the bathroom all day.

I occasionally go over 50 mph if I need to get to McDonald’s before they close. Usually catch em 10 mins or so before closing. Most of the time though I do stick to the speed limits. ■■■■■■ my bosses off, just like they ■■■■ me off.

bobdebouwer:
Lol, laughing at some of the comments. Needed a bit of a chuckle, been tiling the bathroom all day.

I occasionally go over 50 mph if I need to get to McDonald’s before they close. Usually catch em 10 mins or so before closing. Most of the time though I do stick to the speed limits. ■■■■■■ my bosses off, just like they ■■■■ me off.

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
A lot of Mcdonalds is 24 hrs now :wink: :wink: :wink: