Road closed as lorry sheds 25-ton load

n-icky:
firstly, if any of you were there then you would have seen what happened, i personally know the driver and have NO resaon to doubt what he has said

Nobody is saying what he said was wrong, nobody is saying that he wasn’t cut up by a car, but at the end of the day if it was secured properly he should he would have been able to swerve/skid/brake/whatever as much as he liked without it moving an inch.

One old boy I know always used to say that if a load is secured properly you should be able to turn the trailer upside down and the load should still not move an inch…

Paul

N-icky, please come back and tell us if the driver faces prosecution.

or please come back and tell us if YOUR gunna be prosecuted :wink:

Who the hell swerves for a car :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
a lorry yes but a 1 ton car? no chance.

n-icky:
firstly, if any of you were there then you would have seen what happened, i personally know the driver and have NO resaon to doubt what he has said
and if any of you spoke to the driver you would also know that the police did stop the car that was involved in this incident and the driver was spoken to, so please stop adding [zb] about a minor mishap that has now been blown out of all propotion
and YES i do work in heavy haulage also so i do know what im talking about, maybe some of you should come along with us an see just how hard our job is and how difficult it is with idiots on the road

A minor mishap is when you crack a light lens while fitting a bulb or scratch the rear bumper of your car.

This minor mishap closed the road for over 7 hours and involved a crane :laughing:

n-icky:
and if any of you spoke to the driver you would also know that the police did stop the car that was involved in this incident and the driver was spoken to, so please stop adding [zb] about a minor mishap that has now been blown out of all propotion
and YES i do work in heavy haulage also so i do know what im talking about, maybe some of you should come along with us an see just how hard our job is and how difficult it is with idiots on the road

There were no police there when I drove past at 10-15

yawn. Bored now. Yawn

Could be worse :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Truck drops 146-tonne crane on road

“It is possible that the safety straps securing the load in place were not functioning correctly,” a police spokesman from the Hamburg police told

repton:

n-icky:

Nobody is saying what he said was wrong, nobody is saying that he wasn’t cut up by a car, but at the end of the day if it was secured properly he should he would have been able to swerve/skid/brake/whatever as much as he liked without it moving an inch.

One old boy I know always used to say that if a load is secured properly you should be able to turn the trailer upside down and the load should still not move an inch…

Paul

Exactly.

My only addition is that there would be very little centrifugal force on a load that low and that long. Unless he braked hard? Then we’re back to load security.

Whats the excitment, it’s only a minor mishap! :slight_smile:

We’re all experts and perfect on here aren’t we■■?

apple:

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Time of the month ■■? Grab a king size Galaxy, some paracetamol and STFU :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

apple:

You reading the same thread am reading? People just want to know why the chains broke are you getting that threw that thick skull of yours?

merc0447:

apple:

You reading the same thread am reading? People just want to know why the chains broke are you getting that through that thick skull of yours?

FTFY :smiley:

Yeah i would say defo time of the month