Returning to Driving Class C ( 2 )

Hi all,
Sorry if this is posted eleswhere on the site, but .
I am returning to driving class c lgv, i hold a class c, pcv class D ( 1 ) and No cpc. I had aquired rights but due to a health issue didnt do any cpc training and left commercial driving ( medical up to date ) . I have recently been offered a position as a class 2 lgv driver. My question is what cpc training do i need, i understand the 35 hr training requirement, but not sure if i have to do this before i start work or can be done while working, or part of both.

Potential new employer is paying for cpc.

Thanks

Do it before and feel free to do the same 7 hour course 5 days in a row so you are extra trained.

Steve-o:
Do it before and feel free to do the same 7 hour course 5 days in a row so you are extra trained.

Same 7 hour course in 5 days ? , i thought the 5 day course was a different module every day.

You need to do it before you start the job. You can sit modules 2 & 4 if you have the aquired rights but be warned it can be failed then you will have to pay again.
Since you’ve been away for some time do the full 35 hrs just as a refresher. Can’t be failed and it’s not too much more money than you would fork out for 2 & 4.
Same senario as I was in, done the full 35 hours. £350.

rocketsquadron:
You need to do it before you start the job. You can sit modules 2 & 4 if you have the aquired rights but be warned it can be failed then you will have to pay again.
Since you’ve been away for some time do the full 35 hrs just as a refresher. Can’t be failed and it’s not too much more money than you would fork out for 2 & 4.
Same senario as I was in, done the full 35 hours. £350.

Thanks for that, i did think that the full 35 hrs would be best. When i was in my last class c job the only "training " i was given was a drivers hours awarness “course”, 3 hours of handing out paper work, you either got it or you didn’t. The only part og Lgv driving i ever sometimes scratched my head over was some of the variations/interpretations of the driving hours. when i was psv driving it was mostly local work ( no Tacho ) or the odd private hire job ( tacho paper disc ). Ive got my digi card ( if it still works lol ), jsut need the cpc and get back into the swing of things.

The new job is only local day work so should be straight forward regarding hours and wtd.

cheers

Cpc isn’t the best idea really but it’s a requirement I’m afraid. 5 days of different topics throughout. If ur boss is paying, no worries.
I looked into it quite a bit and decided on the 35 hrs. Like i said before, treat it like a refresher. Good luck wi the job etc.

MurphyBrown:

Steve-o:

Same 7 hour course in 5 days ? , i thought the 5 day course was a different module every day.

You only require 35 hours training. Could be 35 hours training of X module, or 14 hours of X, 21 of Y. All add up to the 35hour training requriement for CPC

Thanks for all the info. 35hrs is it then. Just one further question in a similar vein, If asked by a potential employer to do a test drive, could i without a cpc ?.

cheers

Anyone, don’t be shy !.

MurphyBrown:
If asked by a potential employer to do a test drive, could i without a cpc ?.

cheers

There are people here who are much more clued up (interested) in the DCPC and all it entails so I cannot possibly give you a definitive answer. Having said that you have raised a very interesting question to which I would like to hear a definitive answer. IMO you need to have your DCPC to carry out work for reward, and obviously doing an assessment will not result in financial gain so it is interesting.