Returning to Driving after 5 year Off. New Digi Card?

Hi all. As topic title, had 5 year off the trucks but looking to get back into it. DCPC valid and new digi card through. Digi card never been used so forgot what happens when I insert it in vehicle unit? just follow screen prompts? Also, what about previous 28 days for a roadside check? Do I need to do a printout explaining I’ve been away 5 years so no 28 day history available, if required to produce at roadside?

Cheers for any info.

Personally I’d use the official format attestation letter to indicate your time away from driving. Assuming you’ve been working in some other area of employment, tick the box marked as “performed work other than driving”.
https://www.rha.uk.net/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=VNAcHy4TRvA%3D&portalid=0×tamp=1661513241241

Nice one. Cheers for that. No I’ve not been working but I’d fill the form appropriately. Assume I’d just keep that form in with my tacho rolls and produce if required. cheers

Yes, just keep it handy with all your other stuff and produce it if needed. The chances of getting pulled in your first 28 days is pretty low, but five minutes work to fill in the form could be a saving of £200 for “failing to produce a full record of all activities.”

1 Like

Spot on mate, thanks again…