Reported a jumper

Not on it myself but my wife’s found it great to help organise things with family and friends all over the UK or even just simple things like thanking people for flowers or cards when she can’t face another phone call running through everything that happened for the umpteenth time.

Thing that opened my eyes was my boss.

He can be a cranky sod at the best of times.

With this he couldn’t have been better.

I basically rang him and said I’m coming back home right now (I was 6 hours into an 11 hour rest nighted out, with a loaded trailer) and all I want is an answer to “do you want the tacho card in or out?”

He said start driving if I felt I could (with card in BTW) and he met me at the yard as I pulled in. First thing he said was “I’ll sort the cab and your card, Are you alright for money? Anything I can do? Now just go”

He’s offered as much time off as I needed at that time (went back Boxing Day) and same for the funeral. Even been paid in full which I didn’t expect as it’s a really small firm.

His actions just made it that little bit easier to deal with things at home.

?

kjw21:
Not on it myself but my wife’s found it great to help organise things with family and friends all over the UK or even just simple things like thanking people for flowers or cards when she can’t face another phone call running through everything that happened for the umpteenth time.

Thing that opened my eyes was my boss.

He can be a cranky sod at the best of times.

With this he couldn’t have been better.

I basically rang him and said I’m coming back home right now (I was 6 hours into an 11 hour rest nighted out, with a loaded trailer) and all I want is an answer to “do you want the tacho card in or out?”

He said start driving if I felt I could (with card in BTW) and he met me at the yard as I pulled in. First thing he said was “I’ll sort the cab and your card, Are you alright for money? Anything I can do? Now just go”

He’s offered as much time off as I needed at that time (went back Boxing Day) and same for the funeral. Even been paid in full which I didn’t expect as it’s a really small firm.

His actions just made it that little bit easier to deal with things at home.

Brought tears to my eyes. I also have two girls. Good luck mate