Recommended hauliers to work for in devon

Go agency (theres a good one here). As wages are low for employed drivers in Devon. Gregorys/kays etc are saleried. One company local to you offer £7.50ph for class 1.

Hi Mate I know you said work in Devon but you could always try Conway Bailey Transport down in Cornwall. 01209-820283 and ask for alan airey or lee wills because they are always taking people on.
They do mainly fridge work all over the country, I don’t know the wages because im on hourly rate which is different from everyone else who are on salary. I only do mon-thu with fri sat and sun off.
Happy days.

Good Luck Mate

Don’t slate Gregory’s, or else there will be a long winded story of how fantastic they are to work for along shortly!
As I said I hear bad things about Heavers, but only about one of the brothers. Go find out for yourself. I’m Torquay based and know a lot of drivers from these companies. All stories are different. It’s up to you. :wink:

Craig 111:

bigvern1:
I hear different things about Heaver Bros…Mostly bad, but I wouldn’t take that as gospel.

Go back a decade or so to when they were still called Maddern and you’d have heard much worse!

They were on our wall of shame as I remember. 2nd place to Jan DeRooy and his four axle 44tonner.

:wink:

Thanks for the replys lads , I’m toying with heavers on a hiab , or m way and sons but never been that keen on working bulkers

Have a good long weekend off :slight_smile: