Recommend a map

I’ve got a ■■■■ nav, I’ve got Google maps, I’ve also got a truckers atlas, however I would like a good, upto date London A-Z sort of map. Preferably hardback.
Does anyone know where I can get one? I’ve looked online but can only find secondhand ones and I’m not sure how upto date they are.

Collins A to Z of Greater London, £17.99 from Waterstones. I used a gift card on mine last week and it’s great. Covers basically from Beaconsfield to Chelmsford and Hoddesdon to Gatwick. Street names, congestion and LE zones. It’s hardback but stays open relatively easily (I always use a bookmark). It doesn’t feature the lorry ban sadly, but if you Google the London Lorry Control you can download a map of it and cross check or mark it on your atlas (as I’ve started doing). It’s great for me as I use it with the travel via function on my sat nav.

Check out ‘‘Master Atlas of Greater London’’ on Amazon.

The best (in my opinion) London atlas.
az.co.uk/?nid=31&iid=10512

Did many years as a motorbike/van courier in London and this was my best friend. They used to do a hardback version but looks like that’s been stopped.

Ian58:
The best (in my opinion) London atlas.
az.co.uk/?nid=31&iid=10512

Did many years as a motorbike/van courier in London and this was my best friend. They used to do a hardback version but looks like that’s been stopped.

Cheers gone for that, don’t know why you can’t get a hardback anymore, maybe it’s because of ■■■■ nav?

When I lived there I had a really good ‘Lorry drivers map of London’ it was awesome, all bridge heights and weight limits were shown.
Don’t know where you’d get one now ? They were so good, I had a few stolen.

if irs central london the london lorry comtrol do a very clear one that includes the ban details other that that a master atlas of london

bjd:
if irs central london the london lorry comtrol do a very clear one that includes the ban details other that that a master atlas of london

just don`t buy the version for sale on amazon amazon.co.uk/London-Lorry-Gu … 0955171199 :open_mouth:

peirre:

bjd:

just don`t buy the version for sale on amazon amazon.co.uk/London-Lorry-Gu … 0955171199 :open_mouth:

Why i have the older one its great

bjd:

peirre:

bjd:

It is a little pricey at £3835.75.

steelgoon:

bjd:

peirre:

bjd:

It is a little pricey at £3835.75.

Note to self use eyes

Master Atlas plus the regional London A-Z
for route planning
and dont forget paperclips for ease of page turning

Following on from New lads “Calling All London Experts” topic the other day,

I always use the Master Atlas of Greater London by A to Z. It is my preferred map of London.

Sadly they have stopped doing a hardback version about 3 years ago. I managed to get one of the last hard back versions direct from A to Z at Sevenoaks. It might be worth a phone call to see they have any left. The last version of this hardback copy is 2009 I think without looking. There are paperback versions available and also a spiral bound one but won’t last as long.

I have only replaced the Master Atlas once in 27 years. The first one I bought was in 1986. By the time I replaced it three years ago, the new one contained the completed M25 and the A11 link road to the Blackwall Tunnel from the M25 plus a few other completed road networks :slight_smile:

Philips also do a decent London Map as well which is hard back, however I have always preferred the colour scheme in The A to Z

There is also a Collins one as well if my memory serves me correctly.

Try and find one that has got all of the M25 in it and just covers the towns outside of it like Reigate and Redhill to the South and Windsor to the west. It is worth going to a main book shop, having a look at all of the versions available, pick the one you want then get that.

I did post last night about the Collins one but took until this afternoon to appear (hence why I no longer bother with helping members with directions as they’ve normally got there by the time my advice appears).
I agree with the post about the spiral ones falling to bits- I had a truckers navigator a few years back they fell to pieces with little use. I have a London A to Z with customers locations and grid refs but that’s starting to break up. Phillips A to Zs are slightly better made I think.

Just to add that the 2015 AA atlases in the Works stores are very cheap and the large scale Britain one has a great double page showing all of London. Plenty of room to mark on delivery locations, locations of the LLC etc.