Realistically how much do you think you should be paid

Is it too much to ask for a basic week of 40 hours and time and half after 8 hours, the rest of the work force seems to operate like this.

As far as rate is concerned £10 an hour isnt unreasonable.

Matt

£10 an hour actually is pretty unreasonable … if you look at my earlier post, I calculated that if our wages had gone up with inflation plus a two percent pay rise every year, we’d be on about £15 per hour now. That seems to me to be a good starting point.

Im an Agency driver and i do class 1 night shift trunking and i get, Mon-Fri £9.50 hr, sat £10.50 hr and Sun £11.50 hr :confused:

im just glad i am only part time ( 2-3 shifts a week ) as my missus gets alot more than what i do !!

If we were all on £15 for the first 8, we would all be ■■■■■■■■ that 4 pints milk was £2.50, petrol at coming up to £2 per litre, and a bag of cement would be £7.50.

Lorry driving just isn’t really a high paying job in comparison to a lot of others.

Still happy with mine though!

Tooz:
im just glad i am only part time ( 2-3 shifts a week ) as my missus gets alot more than what i do !!

what, when you’re out, like?

Saaamon:

Rhythm Thief:
Experience would garner an extra, I don’t know, ten quid a week for every year’s driving,

Is that a wind up?

No, just how things would be in an ideal world. As it stands at the moment, my employers are getting the benefit of my 15 years’ experience driving lorries for absolutely nothing: I get paid the same rate as someone who passed his test yesterday. We’re always hearing about how there’s a shortage of experienced drivers … pay a premium for experience and you might find a few more appear. It won’t happen though.

Rhythm Thief:

Saaamon:

Rhythm Thief:
Experience would garner an extra, I don’t know, ten quid a week for every year’s driving,

Is that a wind up?

No, just how things would be in an ideal world. As it stands at the moment, my employers are getting the benefit of my 15 years’ experience driving lorries for absolutely nothing: I get paid the same rate as someone who passed his test yesterday. We’re always hearing about how there’s a shortage of experienced drivers … pay a premium for experience and you might find a few more appear. It won’t happen though.

Good idea if this was a benefit most companies would retain drivers have some loyalty from them and their wouldn’t be so many leaving the industry altogether

Agencie offered me £7.50 yesterday for class 1 day work, told them I would rather stay in bed…

Came back to me with a night pallet run for £9.75 + 1.5 after 8 hours. With my 10% ltd on top it works out canny…

At them rates I like to do a 60/65 hour week.