Realistically how much do you think you should be paid

Andrejs:

fredthered:
Remember you can only average 48 hrs/week and you’ll have to take time off unpaid if you go over this. :wink:

But I’d like to see £10/hr min and enhancements for skills, extra hrs and weekends.

We can dream.

We can work up to 84 hours per week.we can work 60 working hours per week.for supermarket -rdc,cdc delivery 48 hours rules no big problem,because we have plenty Poa

Well oil beef hooked - you learn something new every day. Thats it in a nutshell!! :wink:

DAF95XF:
I’ll be on £11.25 p/h 0600 Monday to 2359 Friday night and £12.00 0000 Friday night to 0600 Monday morning… :wink:
It isn’t driving trucks either :wink:

At Grundons??

Realistically I’m on just over £100 a day, less tax etc. I’d like 120.
I should be on £150 a day if not more :laughing:

Simon:
Realistically I’m on just over £100 a day, less tax etc. I’d like 120.
I should be on £150 a day if not more :laughing:

I’ll raise you - i think £175 at least for 7 hrs! There will be someone along shortly to say the already are :wink:

Ten quid an hour on days for class one.

12.50 class 1 nights (minimum 8 hours)

25 quid a night out

So based on a 50 hour week (days) with 5 nights out that’s

500 quid wages (less deductions)
125 quid night out money

That’s not unreasonable I don’t think.

Andrejs:

fredthered:
Remember you can only average 48 hrs/week and you’ll have to take time off unpaid if you go over this. :wink:

But I’d like to see £10/hr min and enhancements for skills, extra hrs and weekends.

We can dream.

We can work up to 84 hours per week.we can work 60 working hours per week.for supermarket -rdc,cdc delivery 48 hours rules no big problem,because we have plenty Poa

Technically you can work 90 hours per week with 3 split rest periods(3 hour continuous break and 9 hour daily rest period), this allows you to work 6X15 hour shifts.

Ramon123:
I think we should be taking home £100 a day for an 8 hour day in the year 2014.
I know quite a few drivers are/taking home more.But there’s a lot who are not.

To take home £100 per day 5 days per week for 8 hours you need to earn £34000 per year, which is £653 per week, which in turn gives you an hourly rate for 40 hours per week as £16.34! Where do I get one of these jobs?

Fileep:

Ramon123:

To take home £100 per day 5 days per week for 8 hours you need to earn £34000 per year, which is £653 per week, which in turn gives you an hourly rate for 40 hours per week as £16.34! Where do I get one of these jobs?

Same place as I got mine “its got our name on it”. One more month to go and should be over £35K. That is without any nights out or overtime, 6th shift , weekends etc. only one Sunday worked every 8 weeks, with day off mid week. No stress,left alone to do your job, 8 week rota so you know what you are doing in advance. Some weeks longer than others but they try hard to bring you home in under 10 hours. I work a PM shift out of choice, nearly always home before midnight. Nearly forgot, sensible pension and share purchase / saving scheme as well “Kerching”.
However I think all class one should be on £40k basic salary for 40 hour week with overtime, nights out etc negotiated locally. Politicians of any party please take note it could help you win an Election - (I know - Cloud Cuckoo Land)

I think for the work I’m on at the moment the rate I’m on is OK and I expect a decent rise in June, wouldn’t turn more down but I’m a realist. For me a lot of it comes down to the company culture, there are some firms no amount of money would be enough to get me in there.

I would say

Trunking C+E
Days £10+
Nights (11pm-7am) £15+

can’t comment on tramping &etc or the other stuff even though I have ADR, tanker, HIAB & FLT tickets I’ve only needed the HIAB twice in the last 3 years :unamused:

AndyMac1:

Fileep:

Ramon123:

Same place as I got mine “its got our name on it”. One more month to go and should be over £35K. That is without any nights out or overtime, 6th shift , weekends etc. only one Sunday worked every 8 weeks, with day off mid week. No stress,left alone to do your job, 8 week rota so you know what you are doing in advance. Some weeks longer than others but they try hard to bring you home in under 10 hours. I work a PM shift out of choice, nearly always home before midnight. Nearly forgot, sensible pension and share purchase / saving scheme as well “Kerching”.
However I think all class one should be on £40k basic salary for 40 hour week with overtime, nights out etc negotiated locally. Politicians of any party please take note it could help you win an Election - (I know - Cloud Cuckoo Land)

Where do I sign up? And who are you working for?

Fileep:

Ramon123:

They are about, but until drivers stop looking at blinged up lorries and the simplest laziest work, and instead concentrate on T’s and C’s, they’ll never get these jobs.

The ONLY way to compare jobs is to divide your top line (do NOT include ex’s or night out money) by the hours worked, equals average hourly pay.

I simply don’t understand the way some here go purely by a take home figure, if you’re doing a 70+ hour week and several nights out and taking home £30 more than the bloke doing 44 hours and home every night, then you’re £££ down.

What i don’t understand is the almost violent aversion to salaries here, yes some general hauliers will want 2 weeks work from you, but some others don’t want their drivers using POA and working round the bloody clock with matchsticks propping their eyelids up.

If you want to move into the good jobs, look carefully for those companies who never ever advertise, you’ll need a cast iron CV to get those jobs in most cases, the best companies don’t want people who change jobs every 5 minutes or who can’t be relied on in all ways, or drive into bridges or off the road.

Oh and to answer the OP’s question, the driver should be paid what they’re worth and according to the effort and care they put in, some are overpaid @ £7.00.

I keep reading about ‘These jobs are out there’, nobody seems to want to name the employers? Funny that, are they wanting to guard this information so they don’t become flooded with drivers wanting to get in on it? Or, is it a MMTM situation?
I’m more than happy where I am, put the effort in and get a good wage in return, and, I’ve got a big brand new shiny truck with blinged up lights on it, granted its not the easiest job, but along way from being difficult.

I can’t imagine being paid any more for my job than I already am, granted if the gaffer wants to give me a raise then great, but otherwise as long as the work load stays the same…

I should qualify that by adding that I do think wages should be “going up” in line with inflation each year. I don’t count that as a raise.

Obviously in fantasy land I’d like 50k a year, and a super model parked,ready and waiting, in the bunk, but let’s face it if we end up getting that, they certainly wouldn’t keep talking about driver shortages…

F-reds:
I can’t imagine being paid any more for my job than I already am, granted if the gaffer wants to give me a raise then great, but otherwise as long as the work load stays the same…

I should qualify that by adding that I do think wages should be “going up” in line with inflation each year. I don’t count that as a raise.

Obviously in fantasy land I’d like 50k a year, and a super model parked,ready and waiting, in the bunk, but let’s face it if we end up getting that, they certainly wouldn’t keep talking about driver shortages…

+1

I work 4 on 4 off £25k a year on rigids.
In my contract it says my working week is 46 hours.
Just been put through my ADR and HIAB by the company so I’ll be looking t getting more overtime.
never have to do nights out.

Fileep:
I keep reading about ‘These jobs are out there’, nobody seems to want to name the employers? Funny that, are they wanting to guard this information so they don’t become flooded with drivers wanting to get in on it? Or, is it a MMTM situation?

To say good jobs are not advertised is a fallacy. What is perhaps more accurate to say is that many agencies (but not all) have screwed it up a lot for many driving jobs. Why employ a driver when you can call an agency and get some muppet at any time of the day or night, for just a few hours work, at very short notice?

Of course there are also the drivers themselves that put up with this crud that also directly contribute to the situation. When I did agencies I used to specify full weeks only, no ‘same day’ turn outs and all work prebooked for the following week.

At the other end of the scale you have agency employed drivers that work full time for the same company, for months or even years without a contract being offered. In those situations there should be a change in the law (for all professions) where a full time contract is offered after 12 months work.

Rhythm Thief:
Experience would garner an extra, I don’t know, ten quid a week for every year’s driving,

Is that a wind up?

selby newcomer:

DAF95XF:
I’ll be on £11.25 p/h 0600 Monday to 2359 Friday night and £12.00 0000 Friday night to 0600 Monday morning… :wink:
It isn’t driving trucks either :wink:

At Grundons??

If you re read my post it says NOT driving a truck but still driving :wink:

midlifetrucker:
Ok we all want to earn £50 an hour but the main ■■■■■■■■ is always money. So for what you do (i.e. what you drive now) what would you really want an hour and what you would expect for overtime and nights out etc. Also how many hours would you want to work.

Prob best way would be like this

Day Driver
Fridgework
Class 1
10 Years experience
£10ph up to 9 hours
£12ph After 9 Hours
£14ph Weekends
Night Out £25
Working Week 50 Hours Max
Night out money should be at least 40.00. and trampers should be on a 1,000 a week.
Would just be interesting in my view