RDC idiot

JD Sports, Rochdale. I back on the bay (as told) give my keys in, get the yellow plastic disc that makes me feel so special, and sit in the driver’s waiting room for the approx 2 hours for 6 pallets. However, halfway through I get up and use my electric key fob (I only give them the metal keys…my way of getting one up!) to open my cab door and retrieve my phone cos I’d forgotten to bring it with me. As I climbed onto the step I was shouted at by a yellow vested buffoon that I wasn’t allowed to get back into my cab. I walked over to him, and told him I wasn’t “entering” the cab. but was merely reaching for my phone. The conversation went something like this…
Him: You can’t get into your cab, it’s site rules.
Me: I’m not getting in, I’m getting my phone.
Him: Why didn’t you hand your keys in?
Me: I did.
Him: Then how come you can get in your cab?
Me: It’s not locked. (a lie)
Him: You should always lock your vehicle.
Me Why?
Him: In case you try to move it.
Me: What?
Him: In case you…er…try to get back in it.
Me: If I don’t have my keys how can I move it?
Him: That’s your problem. I could report you.
Me: You’re [zb] stupid mate, go away.
Him: Don’t talk to me like that.
Me: Go away muppet.
Him: I’m taking your number.
Me: I’m not a number, I’m a free man.
Him: Follow me now to the office, I’m reporting you.
Me: No.
Him: What?
Me: I’m not following you, I’m going to stand here.
Him: “FOLLOW ME”

At which point he stormed off, and guess what? I never saw him again.
Once I was tipped and given back my key and paperwork I asked the goods in bod if there was a problem. “Not that I know of” he said, and looked puzzled!

I particularly enjoy the look of contempt on the face of either the forkie or goods in office wallah, when they hold out their hand and take the bunch of various old car keys that I keep for this occasion. :grimacing:

And I would like to see anybody from stopping me from getting back into my truck. How? Physically? Your having a laugh. They can only not tip you, or take a very long time. Both are not my concern, I get paid for being there.

And a tip for the greenhorns. Getting ‘banned’ from a side rarely lasts until your next delivery… they really do need you more than you need them…

It could be argued that the insults weren’t necessary, but well done for standing up for yourself. I wonder how many drivers would have followed him into the office like a naughty school boy :unamused:

Too many knobs in these places trying to justify their pathetic jobs.

Up to Monday we was a stand in ****** for the one of Calmacs ferries on the Kennacraig/Islay service for a week that ■■■■■■■ the quay (twice) and had to go into drydock for repairs and their H & S bullcrap is summit else, hi vis and a hardhat for directing cars onto the car deck, hi vis aint so bad but a bloody hard hat ? Is a car going to fall on me head ■■ Just remembered not allowed to mention that I work on a **** !! :slight_smile:

rob22888:
It could be argued that the insults weren’t necessary, but well done for standing up for yourself. I wonder how many drivers would have followed him into the office like a naughty school boy :unamused:

Yes, I could have bitten my tongue, but I go into these places several times every week and just occasionally I will not be spoken to like I am a stone in somebody’s shoe. I will not let anybody in these places get into my cab for a security check, and I reserve the right to tell them to [zb] off if they annoy me. I’m paid hourly, so 2-3-4 doesn’t bother me one bit. If they go home & tell their wives “I did this to a lorry driver today…” I really couldn’t give a monkeys!

Sounded more like compliments to me. :smiley:

peterm:
Sounded more like compliments to me. :smiley:

+1 RDC Muppit meets Driver Muppit:lol: :laughing: :laughing:

Born Idle:

rob22888:

Yes, I could have bitten my tongue, but I go into these places several times every week and just occasionally I will not be spoken to like I am a stone in somebody’s shoe. I will not let anybody in these places get into my cab for a security check, and I reserve the right to tell them to [zb] off if they annoy me. I’m paid hourly, so 2-3-4 doesn’t bother me one bit. If they go home & tell their wives “I did this to a lorry driver today…” I really couldn’t give a monkeys!

Whereas you can come on the internet and tell everyone how you stuck to the man. :unamused:

Classic, I would’ve loved to be there to see that. :slight_smile:

del trotter:

Born Idle:

rob22888:

Whereas you can come on the internet and tell everyone how you stuck to the man. :unamused:

Yup, and I’m sure he doesn’t give a monkeys either!

Never had to do the hand your keys in thing, one delivery place decided they would implement said system until I asked them for a copy of their insurance as if they had the keys they were responsible for the vehicle if it went missing, therefore I required it to be insured. Strangely never asked me for the keys again.

coiler:
Never had to do the hand your keys in thing, one delivery place decided they would implement said system until I asked them for a copy of their insurance as if they had the keys they were responsible for the vehicle if it went missing, therefore I required it to be insured. Strangely never asked me for the keys again.

So did they make an exception to your case ,or is it now company policy ?

No idea, neither me or my drivers have ever been asked since. However we don’t unload on a bay, we unload in a yard through the curtains so it’s a bit pointless taking your keys.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

coiler:
No idea, neither me or my drivers have ever been asked since. However we don’t unload on a bay, we unload in a yard through the curtains so it’s a bit pointless taking your keys.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

At travis Perkins it’s a side tip AND they take your keys AND they put a big stop sign in front of your cab just in case you can drive off without your keys AND your not allowed on your trailer to get any straps off.

Pointless? Yes. Do places do it? Yes

Born Idle:

Was he old enough to understand the reference?

Vid:

Born Idle:

Was he old enough to understand the reference?

And were there big balls floating around? :open_mouth:

No. I wasn’t there.

Born Idle:
The conversation went something like this…
Him: You can’t get into your cab, it’s site rules.
Me: I’m not getting in, I’m getting my phone.
Him: Why didn’t you hand your keys in?
Me: I did.
Him: Then how come you can get in your cab?
Me: It’s not locked. (a lie)
Him: You should always lock your vehicle.
Me Why?
Him: In case you try to move it.
Me: What?
Him: In case you…er…try to get back in it.
Me: If I don’t have my keys how can I move it?
Him: That’s your problem. I could report you.
Me: You’re [zb] stupid mate, go away.
Him: Don’t talk to me like that.
Me: Go away muppet.
Him: Follow me now to the office, I’m reporting you.
Him: What?
Me: I’m not following you, I’m going to stand here.
Him: “FOLLOW ME”

At which point he stormed off

Dads army comes to mind, did he at any time call you “Napoleon” or mutter something under his breath as he stormed off. . . DON’T PANIIIIIIC!!! :laughing: