Radio advert

Anyone else heard the advert about hgv drivers and road workers?
Where driving tons of metal and there just skin bone.
We should open a window sing along to the radio take a break.
And stop running them over!
Surely this should be aimed at all motorists not just hgv drivers.
Do we have a claim for victimisation?

That depends I guess on whether -
a) it can be shown that there is a higher incidence of death to those workers from trucks

b) whether the implication is that ‘even professional drivers can get tired’

Is the driver portrayed as a stereotypical white, middle aged, fat, uneducated slob, munching on his bacon butty whilst driving?
If he is, we might have a case :blush: :smiley:

It should of been addressed to alll who drive, a ton of metal will kill you just as much as a lgv

Last 3 fatals I’ve attended which have been road strikes were HGV’s doing the striking!

Who’s behind the ad campaign? The recovery industry are driving a similar campaign,

cieranc:
Last 3 fatals I’ve attended which have been road strikes were HGV’s doing the striking!

could 15 hr working days be responsible :question:

I don’t know, that’s for the coroner to decide.
My job is to sweep up the mess / shift the wrecks.

I’ve worked at the side of the road, it ain’t a particularly pleasant place to be at times. The blast of air from a wagon can be horrendous, it can nearly blow you off your feet, 'specially for the guys with the stop/go lollipops. Since I’ve experienced it from the other side I slow right down passing 'em. The ammount of car drivers who came through on a “stop” was scary. If they can’t see a bloke dressed from head to toe in flouro gear with a big STOP sign stood in the road there really is no hope. :confused:

Nah that’s the problem.
It’s not that they don’t see that guy, they just choose to ignore him.

cieranc:
Nah that’s the problem.
It’s not that they don’t see that guy, they just choose to ignore him.

Very probably. But it was funny watching them having to reverse back 'cos a truck was coming the other way. :laughing:

Ba ha ha it’s not just me then that pulls out when the light goes green, even when there’s still cars coming the other way :smiley:

cieranc:
Ba ha ha it’s not just me then that pulls out when the light goes green, even when there’s still cars coming the other way :smiley:

lool