Radar detector..

Better than a jammer, just coat all the truck bar the glass areas in Matt black RAM ( radar absorbing material) you an buy it from RS.com in sheet form, costs a fortune but the saving in not bothering to wash the truck will eventually get your money back!
I read of a guy with a Yamaha R1 that reckons it works on his bike.
Go on try it and see if it works on a truck, it did on submarines which it was designed for originally.

Just throw an invisibility cloak over the big volvo, then no one will be able to see it… oh wait.

time to time i still see those number plates that have the clearcoat spray on them that [supposedly] makes them invisible to cameras . drive up on them they have a luminous/ honeycomb appearance if you catch them in the sunlight

thats reminded me of the car parks that the cameras register the time you arrive and then as u leave via your plates. such as at train stations when theres just a 20 min wait time max . last year i had someone to pick up several days running and after fretting about the time i draped a cloth over my back plate -whether this works generally or not i dunno but i sat there 2 hours drove out with the cloth , and no ticket came. later realizing i could easily have driven out the IN exit

^^^^^ or reverse into the out exit, do your business and then reverse out of the entrance just to confuse them! :wink:

3 wheeler:
Better than a jammer, just coat all the truck bar the glass areas in Matt black RAM ( radar absorbing material) you an buy it from RS.com in sheet form, costs a fortune but the saving in not bothering to wash the truck will eventually get your money back!
I read of a guy with a Yamaha R1 that reckons it works on his bike.
Go on try it and see if it works on a truck, it did on submarines which it was designed for originally.

When the naval shipyard closed down in Gibraltar the contents were auctioned off to the public and a load of the radar absorbent coating was bought by the cigarette smugglers that plied across the straight from North Africa, and by Christ those boats could shift …

It’s a old story, and it’s probably not true, but maybe…

A report has revealed that two traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident whilst checking for speeding motorists on the A1 road between Oldhamstocks and Grantshouse.

Last May, they were using a hand-held radar device to trap unwary motorists on the Edinburgh to London trunk road. One of the unnamed officers used the device to check the speed of an approaching vehicle, and was surprised to find that his target had registered a speed in excess of 300 miles per hour. The £5000 machine then seized up and could not be reset by the bemused PC’s. The radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado aircraft in the North Sea, which was taking part in a simulated low-flying exercise over the Borders and Southern Scotland.

Following a complaint by Sir William Sutherland, Chief Constable of the Lothian & Borders Police force to the RAF liaison office, it was revealed that the officers had a lucky escape – the tactical computer on board the aircraft not only detected and jammed the “hostile” radar equipment, but had automatically armed a Sidewinder air-to-ground missile ready to neutralize the perceived threat. Luckily the Dutch pilot was alerted to the missile status and was able to override the automatic protection system before the missile launched.

The Police have so far declined to comment, although it is understood that officers will be advised to point their radar guns inland in future

grumpyoldfox:

A report has revealed that two traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident whilst checking for speeding motorists on the A1 road between Oldhamstocks and Grantshouse.

Last May, they were using a hand-held radar device to trap unwary motorists on the Edinburgh to London trunk road. One of the unnamed officers used the device to check the speed of an approaching vehicle, and was surprised to find that his target had registered a speed in excess of 300 miles per hour. The £5000 machine then seized up and could not be reset by the bemused PC’s. The radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado aircraft in the North Sea, which was taking part in a simulated low-flying exercise over the Borders and Southern Scotland.

Following a complaint by Sir William Sutherland, Chief Constable of the Lothian & Borders Police force to the RAF liaison office, it was revealed that the officers had a lucky escape – the tactical computer on board the aircraft not only detected and jammed the “hostile” radar equipment, but had automatically armed a Sidewinder air-to-ground missile ready to neutralize the perceived threat. Luckily the Dutch pilot was alerted to the missile status and was able to override the automatic protection system before the missile launched.

The Police have so far declined to comment, although it is understood that officers will be advised to point their radar guns inland in future

It did happen. They actually pointed the lidar gun at the plane which was on exercise.

biggriffin:

grumpyoldfox:

It did happen. They actually pointed the lidar gun at the plane which was on exercise. The plane had active ordence on board.

^^^^^ The version of the story I heard had the aircraft automatically dispensing chaff all over the town of Berwick. I do so hope that it was true.

The version I heard had the police issuing a speeding ticket. The reply with a refusal to pay (not on the highway) contained a warning about the anti jamming measures.

The version I heard was obviously true, as it was related in an RDC waiting room.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I’d have thought the gendarmes would stand to attention and salute as the mythical fh16 flew by at warp speed 9

biggriffin:

grumpyoldfox:

It did happen. They actually pointed the lidar gun at the plane which was on exercise.

No it didn’t. .

snopes.com/fact-check/friend-or-faux/

And also, the Dutch never used the Tornado. They opted for the beter F-16 …

the nodding donkey:

biggriffin:

grumpyoldfox:

No it didn’t. .

snopes.com/fact-check/friend-or-faux/

And also, the Dutch never used the Tornado. They opted for the beter F-16 …

I always refused to drive those Tornados too. Before I was head-hunted to do RDC work, I was only driving vehicles with the “Big Griffin” markings. Not many realize however that the Griffin has the Volvo RM12 engine. I still use my personal JAS39 at weekends, but insurance is a bit expensive so not as often as I used to.
:wink:

The best way to not get caught by a radar device would be to stick to the speed limit :smiley: